A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

How to Escape the Mayhem

So here I am, blogging for the first time in my (perhaps vain) attempt to escape the mayhem of motherhood, albeit for a little while each day.

It often gets really busy around here. I have 3 boys (7, 5 & 2) who keep me on my toes. I also have a husband ("Hubby" as he shall be affectionately referred to) and a dog ("the dog"). It often feels like that old three steps forwards, two steps back type situation around here, and, quite frankly, I've given up in trying to keep the house looking like a Home Beautiful magazine spread (much to Hubby's disappointment, I'm sure). Although to be honest, I'm not sure it ever did, but you get my point, right?

Anyway, the reason for starting this blog is two-fold. Firstly, I love a chat. And if I can't call up everyone I know and talk all the time, then my fall back has always been email (LOVE email). I guess this blogging thing is just taking it to a whole new level. Now I can communicate with anyone and everyone who wants to find out what I'm up to - at the one time. Bonus!

Secondly, having only taken up reading blogs in the past month, I've discovered a whole new community out there which enables me to escape the daily mayhem my life as a mother of three brings! (As an example, as I type this, my two big boys are wrestling on the study floor behind me, and for the most part, it's just background noise as I lose myself in the world of blogging!)

Therefore, my plan with this blog is to just share the stuff I'm in to, what I like, and because I like to analyse everything I do in life, I'll probably share past experiences and situations with you. And perhaps, if you're bored and need some time out from the reality/mayhem of your everyday life, you can join me as I wax lyrical on subjects that take my fancy at the time, perhaps even read a biography review (I love biographies, so have reviewed some here - but don't expect a hard line critical review - it's just about what I like and don't like), even watch a clip from a movie I've seen, or tv show I like. That sort of thing. Who knows what will happen. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here....

Anyway, my 5 year old has just injured himself during the aforementioned wrestling session (no surprises here) and therefore I shall have to dash as I put my Dr Mum hat on. Hope to see you next time....if there's anyone out there. (I may be reduced to commenting on my own posts.)

Oh - which reminds me. Feel free to add comments to my posts. We can pretend we're at a gathering among friends and have a nice old chat!

Until next time...embrace the mayhem!
Jodie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodie

So you got the blog thing happening. Good on you. Count me in as one to pop in and see what you have to say. Always love to read what's on your mind in the weekly newsletter so this will be fun!!

Cheers
Nic x

Jodie of Mummy Mayhem said...

This is great Nicole! I didn't have to make my first comment after all...

Thanks for reading. I'm having fun, now that the set up work is done. I'm not as technically minded as I used to be...

Jodie