A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Monday, October 12, 2009

Comments Go Live!

So, a few people have mentioned they've found it difficult to leave comments, and I don't blame them. I've had the same problem on other blogs too.

Well, I decided to do something about it. Therefore, I've installed Echo, which is a fairly new format for commenting. (For regular Mamamia readers, it's the same format that is used there.)

Firstly, it's live. As you add a comment, it will load immediately, and other comments will load as you're typing. Sometimes, I've found my comment suddenly disappears when this happens, but if I click where I was adding the comment, it magically returns! (Note: comments will also now run so that the most recent comment will be displayed at the top. Of course, it's not like I have a dozen comments per post to scroll through anyway, and I reckon I'd be lucky if more than one person was viewing my blog at the same time, but I thought I'd let you know that anyhow!)

You can also add an avatar. 'Hmmm, what's that?' you ask? You'll see a little box with a picture of a sillouette, and you can load your own photo, or a piccie of your choice to be displayed next to your comment.

You can also add details of your own Blog, your Facebook account, your Twitter account, your Google Account...you name it...so others can view it if you'd like them to. (They view those details by clicking on your piccie.)

But you don't have to add anything if you don't want, and you can even just keep "Guest" as your comment name. Or, if you want to add a name, click on Guest and change it! Easy peasy.

If you want to add to someone else's comment, just click "Reply" and that will place your comment underneath theirs (see my example below).

If you decide you don't want your comment added, just click "Delete" and it will go away! Just like that.

I will add my own comments below so you can see what it looks like. Give it a go! It's fun!

Until next time...
Jodie

7 comments:

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Wow, Jodie. Great post! I LOVE the new comment format. You're a genius!

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

I agree. Jodie's blog is like the new black. It's awesome!

Ami said...

Hi Jodie, thanks for your lovely comment on my Puff Pieces blog!! I thought I'd return with a comment of my own on your new blog! The site is fantastic! Look forward to reading much more from Mummy Mayhem!

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Thanks so much Ami! Glad you've popped by. I think this is going to be fun...

Nomie said...

Wow Jodie, you've really got a handle on this blogging! While I sit and um and ahh about adding new things, you just do it! Well done! Will follow you on twitter too... have just got that up and running too! x

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Excellent. I'll sign up on yours. I think I'm currently twittering myself at the moment!!! x

Liz.. said...

haha! i love this comment system - and it remembers me from mamamia so im permanently 'Liz..' with the same picture! yay!