A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm all A-Twitter...


The other day I signed up on Twitter.

It was a shaky start. I firstly (accidentally I should point out) created my user name as jodiensted (note the missing 'a'). Perfect. Fortunately, I was able to close it, and re-open it with an alternative email address. Phew. Crises averted.

I hesitantly posted my first "tweet". It felt awkward and strange. I wasn't sure what to write, and I knew no one was actually reading it, which, quite frankly, made it even stranger. I tried a couple more, and then before too long I got my first follower.

YIKES! Some woman called "Chesty" with a rather large, um, chest was following me. I very quickly worked out how to block her. (Probably the fastest I've worked out anything technology wise.)

Only a matter of minutes flew by before I got my next "follower". 'Finally', I thought. 'A real person.' Um, no. Afraid not. This time, I didn't even note the name because the picture was graphic enough to make me click the "block" option straight away. In fact, I clicked those keys so quickly, it was as if they were on fire - I just couldn't do it fast enough. Let's just say there was a woman and a Male's appendage involved. 'Nuff said.

This is the point when I started to wonder if Twitter was for me. Did I really need it? How long could I go twittering and being the only one reading it? I'd already seen boobs and...you know what. What could possibly be next?

Thankfully, I finally got my first real follower - another blogger. We've been tweeting each other. Probably because both of us have just started blogs and Twitter at the same time, and, well, let's just say people aren't lining up for our Tweets...yet.

But we'll get there. And to be honest, I'm starting to enjoy it. Even if my list of followers is only currently up to 4. (Sadly, I had 5, but the online fashion store that somehow managed to click on my name to follow my tweets obviously became bored with messages from me like: Wet patch found on hallway runner. The dog...again? Then remembered 2yr old undressed there. Hmmm. Me thinks he has relieved himself. Great...and promptly stopped following me. Sigh.

Anyway, you know where to catch me if you feel like sharing the love!

Until next time...
Jodie

3 comments:

Ami said...

Congrats on jumping on the Twitter bandwagon! Don't worry you'll love it and you'll quickly become addicted and amazed at the people you will be able to connect with!

BTW you can change your username at any time in Settings.

Good luck and have fun!

Nomie said...

Ha ha ! Funny Jodie... I have a vision of inappropriate male appendages and a frightened fashion store employee not yet ready for puppy wee and toddler nakedness!

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Ah, ladies. Fellow Tweeters (is that actually a term?), so glad you are joining ME on this wonderful journey.

Thanks for the tip, Ami! I'm glad you know what you're doing! That makes one of us.