A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Quest to Open Pandora's Box

I've found my new "must have". Problem is, how do I convince my husband I really need one?

A couple of weeks ago, I was shopping with the fam, looking for a gift for our 7 year old. We decided on a watch. So there we were, scanning all the watches in a jewellery store at the local Westfield, when I noticed on the wall a picture of one of the most gorgeous bracelets I have ever laid my eyes on. It was a Pandora bracelet.

Now, I know they're not new. I have heard of them before, but this is the first time I've really noticed them. In fact, after checking out their website, I read that the company started 25 years ago, when the Pandora bracelet was first released overseas in 1999!

I can just see one gently turning around on my wrist as I type my blog, pay for the shopping, explain something animatedly to my friends and as I delicately wipe my 2 year old's nose. (Ewww. Maybe that last one's not the best visual.)

Anyway, the other night, just as I was preparing dinner for the kids, I suddenly remembered the bracelet and decided to do a quick search on the 'net. (Lucky I'm a good multi-tasker, huh?) I found the official Pandora site (check it out here), and whilst looking through it all, I came across some info about their fundraising initiative for the support of breast cancer research. Pandora have supported Breast Cancer charities in Australia since 2004 (when the company started in Oz). 15% of sales of their gold and silver pink ribbon beads goes to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

Their most recent involvement with Breast Cancer charities is helping their new Brand Ambassador, Krystal Barter, as she launches Pink Hope - a charity dedicated to helping younger women who suffer the disease.

OK, I know this sounds a bit like an advertorial, but I guarantee it's not! (Ha! If only people would pay me to write!) I'm just impressed. Creating gorgeous jewellery and supporting women with cancer. I think that's a good enough reason in itself to try and convince Hubby to buy me one. Don't you think?

Until next time...
Jodie

5 comments:

3pm Pimms said...

I tooooo have drop significant hints but to no avail even buying my mother and mother in law one, with the addage - we will never have to think about presents again.... as yet the hint has not been taken.Ii will just have to wait until Mum drops off the perch to get hers (mother in law has already promised hers to my 5 year old - I could always look after it for her!!!)

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Hmmm. You have given me a good idea 3pm Pimms. Mum's in her 80s...a gift of a Pandora bracelet for next b'day might be quite timely....

Just kidding Mum!

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

By the way...love your piccie. VERY impressed.

Liz.. said...

i have umm'd and ahh'd about getting a Pandora for a while, i think i may get one for my 21st as a special occasion thing. I do like the look of the other charm bracelets as well (i dont know the brands) but at least i have 3 yrs to think about it! of course i wouldnt turn it down if it were a gift!...

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Good luck Liz! I'll be EXTREMELY jealous if you get one. I'm saving my small changes as I type this!