A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Sunday, October 18, 2009

This Is It

This Is It, the movie about Michael Jackson's final tour that would never be, will be released on 28 October.

Admittedly, when I heard that Michael Jackson had died, I was a little shocked, but not overly affected by it. Not like I was when I heard Steve Irwin had passed, or Heath Ledger had died. I didn't wait by the television or turn on the radio to find out every last bit of information about Michael's death. It really didn't interest me that much. I think, because, over the years all the information that came out about him, together with the footage of him with his children and wearing masks etc, and his obvious plastic surgery had made me disinterested in him. His world had become too strange to comprehend.

Then, not long after his death, I turned on the tv one day to find his Memorial being televised - a repeat from the night before. I soon found I couldn't turn it off, and I was tearing up and crying even, and then eventually, reminiscing about when I had been a fan, all those years ago, and why I was back then. I even got out my old CD of his greatest hits, and played it in the car. Really listening to the music this time. (Much to my children's interest at first, and then annoyance at having to listen to it again!)

There is no doubt Michael Jackson was a talented individual. And at the end of the day, he was also a son, a brother, a cousin, a colleague and, of course, a father and more. His music opened many doors for African American performers, and his music videos changed the way in which music was promoted world wide. He has heavily influenced an array of today's talent, and his title of King of Pop, even after all that has happened over the years, has never been questioned.

On October 28, the movie This Is It will open in cinemas world wide for 2 weeks only. It is the movie that was made of his planned last tour - the 'This is It Tour', which would, of course, never eventuate. I've included the preview at the end of my homepage, so just scroll right down to take a look.

I'm sure the movie will be seen by millions the world over. I thinking of seeing it myself.

Until next time...
Jodie

No comments: