A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, November 13, 2009

Holy Pants! The X-Files?

A strange phenomenon has been occurring in my house over the past week, and I don't know why.

But before I go in to that, it seems that this week has been strange for many. Take Kerri Sackville of Life and Other Crises for example. She has been left slightly traumatised by the case of the missing mouthguard. (Read about that here.) Then Aussie-Waffler of Waffling Along experienced strange power outages yesterday. On a fine, clear day. Hmmmm...

Then there's me. One by one, I have discovered a small hole in the front of many of my cotton, every day wear knickers (as opposed to those that are kept for special occasions). Not just 1 or 2 pairs, but a total of 5 pairs now. And it's all happened just this week. Someone call Mulder and Scully.

Since this has happened, I've been throwing around a few theories in my head as to why. Here's what I'm thinking:

Theory 1 - My husband, feeling decidedly amorous, has been creating the holes as some kind of sexy, new look for me he's working on to spice things up a bit. (Likelihood: Unlikely)

Theory 2 - My 2yr old has found the scissors again, and has gone to work on my underwear drawer. (Likelihood: Possible)

Theory 3 - There are aliens in my midst working in mysterious ways to mess with my mind. (Likelihood: Very Possible)

Theory 4 - As I'm somewhat averse to underwear shopping, my knickers are probably due for an update, and are, therefore, wearing thin. (Likelihood: Very Likely)

Sigh. I guess I'm off knicker shopping then.

Until next time...
Jodie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theory 4 is the only viable option, I'm quite positive about that. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and adjust my tin foil hat to stop the aliens from stealing my brain.

Tara (Waffling Along)

kerri sackville said...

Just got to read this now - had a much needed post wee-all-over-the-floor laugh. Can't the ghosts / aliens just toilet train my chid instead of causing havoc with mouthguards and undies???

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

We DO have a dog. Hadn't factored that in to my theory making. Good point Eco-Chic-Mummy!

He stole my bras once. Ate out all the padding. Bummer.

Brenda said...

I've got the same issue. The holes kinda give our *ahem* lady bits the natural air flow and easy access during sexy time with the hubz so it's a win-win IMO. Hehehe...