A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, November 13, 2009

My Recipe Box - Part 5: Pasta with Smoked Salmon & Dill

I love salmon, and I've always said that if my boys will eat no other meat other than fish, and particularly this tasty, pink one, I'm one happy woman.

This is another one of those great meals that the whole family will partake in at my house. Having said that, because it has a fairly strong flavour, a small amount for the kids goes a long way, so I usually serve it with some crusty garlic bread. Yum.

So here's the recipe for Pasta with Smoked Salmon & Dill:

Serves 2 (so I usually roughly double the amount for all of us)

250g pasta (farfalle, fetticini)
125g smoked salmon
15g butter
1/2 cup cream
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tblespns salmon roe (optional)
2 tblespns freshly chopped dill
Salt & cracked black pepper

1. Cook the pasta until al dente. (In the early days of our relationship, Hubby would throw it against the wall to test if it was ready. I wouldn't recommend this method.)

2. Cut salmon into slivers.

3. Melt butter in frying pan, add cream and lemon juice and cook for a few minutes until slightly reduced.

4. Add salmon, salmon roe and dill and heat for about 3 minutes.

5. Season to taste with salt and a good grinding of pepper.

6. Add pasta to the frying pan and toss to coat. (I do the opposite. I drain the pasta then add the sauce to the pasta. Easier to toss I reckon!)

Other tips:
For the kids, I would serve theirs before putting too much pepper on, and go easy with the salt. Once again, this is a really quick recipe. I don't like to spend too much time in the kitchen quite frankly. Enjoy!

Other Recipes from My Recipe Box:

No comments: