A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

You Wanna Piece of Me?

One of my fave blogs, and one of the first I started reading, is Martini Mom. I love her writing. She's incredibly witty and incredibly honest. I love that.

The other day, Martini Mom posted "Glimpses" (read that here), where she gave us all a glimpse in to who she is through her choice of music (by choosing 10 songs with her iPod shuffle), listing books from her bookshelf and telling us what's in her fridge and in her handbag.

In fact, this topic appeared a bit of a theme last week. Ami Streeter of Puff Pieces (another fave of mine) also wrote a post on cleaning out her handbag, and what she found in it, which proved a glimpse in to her life. You can read that post here.

Anyway, I thought this a great idea. So good, in fact, I decided to steal it and do the same thing here.

So, here I go.

When I put my iPod on shuffle mode, here's the first 10 songs it came up with:

Tangled, Maroon 5
This Is Not Me, Delta Goodrem
The Reflex, Duran Duran
Live Your Life, TI (featuring Rihanna)
Rave Generator (Radio Edit), Toxic Two (from my nightclub & dance music days)
Don't Stop The Music, Rihanna
What Goes Around, Justin Timberlake
Strawberry Swing, Coldplay
Photograph, Something for Kate (from the Dawson's Creek soundtrack)
I Don't Do Surprises, Axle Whitehead

Then I went to my bookshelf and chose 10 books from my 2nd shelf. Some I haven't read yet. In fact, most of them I haven't got to yet. (Better stop buying books, huh? There's a huge pile on my bedside table.)

Little Women, Louisa M Alcott
Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen
Sense & Sensibility, Jane Austen
Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
Plain Truth, Jodi Picoult
One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Agony and the Ecstasy, Irving [Stone] (borrowed and not returned yet!)
The Secret, Ashley Hay
A Scandolous Life, Mary S Lovell
The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Antonia Fraser

Then I checked out the fridge, and here's what I found on the 2nd shelf:

A variety of curry pastes
Olives, anchovies, capers, pickled gherkins
A half empty container of baby roma tomatoes (that looked a bit overripe. Eww.)
A container with about 3 slices of ham (double smoked)
Greek-style natural yoghurt
Pizza Plus cheese - 2 and a half packets
A carton of cream (past its use-by date)
A container with leftover Dhal from Friday night (recipe here)
A tub of mango & passionfruit yoghurt
About 5 tubs of Nestle "Hannah Montana" yoghurt (don't tell my boys I told you that. They'd be soooo embarrassed.)

Ok - finally, I checked the handbag. I change handbags all the time, so this is the last one I used. Here's what I found:

Purse
Packet of Tic Tacs (peppermint)
Small pen - gift from 7yr old for Mother's Day (awwww)
Business card for kids' swimming lessons
Ob/Gyn bill (no, I'm not pregnant, Mum)
The 7yr old's wallet and pencil
Nappy for 2yr old
Shopping list
Extra pen
My IUD Patient Information Booklet (that's why I have the Ob/Gyn bill)
Receipt from Hot Dollar for $2. (Halloween lollie bags)
A draft for a blog post, written on the back of another shopping list (at swimming lessons)
Brown texta pen (why? I don't know)
Packet of tissues (aloe vera, natch)
Three Go Go Crazy Bones belonging to my 2yr old (yet another craze started by his big brothers)
Panadol tablets (for headaches induced by said 2yr old)
1 hair pin
$2 coin
1 serve of raw sugar (from the local cafe, no doubt)

Couldn't find my mobile phone. It's usually in the handbag of choice. A hunt for it ensued. FOUND! Left it in the car.

Oooh, now there's a place you'd get to know the real me. The car. I am SO not going to go there.

So there you go, now you know a little more about me. How about you? What's in your handbag? Your fridge? On your iPod? On your bookshelf?

Until next time...
Jodie

5 comments:

Ami said...

Thnx for link! What a great idea to expand past the handbag! I'd be a little scared to report the contents of our fridge, even though I only cleaned it out the other day! I think I'd enjoy your iPod too judging by those song selections!

Thanks for the piece, or pieces of you! x

Nomie said...

Nice! Perhaps I might have to steal this idea too!
And i'm with you, I'm not letting on to the contents of my car...
As for the books, get reading young lady (said in best teacher voice) Little Women, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility,
Jane Eyre, One Hundred Years of Solitude, all great reads!

Martini MOm said...

Aw, thanks for the link!

Loving your bookshelf. The classics are all great (though I actually didn't much care for Little Women, but I can't even count how many times I've read Jane Eyre). And I love Marquez's writing. But I'm the same way: I buy books WAAAAAAAAY faster than I can read them. I blame my child. I've started suggesting books to him that I want to read (or reread) too, since it's the only regular reading I get. We've made it through the Lemony Snicket series that way, The Hobbit, Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Just So Stories.... It's been kind of great actually. (And not just for me; he enjoys them too!) :)

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

You should! ALL bloggers should...

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Thanks for the comment MM! I loved Jane Eyre. Couldn't put it down. Good tip about the The Kid's books...we're a reading family. All love to read!