A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Monday, January 18, 2010

Celebrate!...Ah, A Little Late...


Guess what? I stuffed up. BIG time. I, like, TOTALLY missed the fact that I reached 100 posts the other day.

Yep - can you believe it? I had no idea. Well, I did, but I just wasn't observant enough to notice in time. These things just have a way of catching up with you, don't they? Like wrinkles. One minute, you can count them, because there just aren't many there..next thing, you look in the mirror and BLIMEY - it's like a road system on your face. *sigh*

I wrote my first official post on 7 October 2009 (you can read that here if you like). So, just over 3 months ago. It was sort of nerve-wracking. Hitting that "publish" button for the first time stirred up all sorts of strange feelings in my tummy (unless, of course, it was the chicken I ate that day. Hmm). But I just wanted to do something for me. I like writing, as I discovered last year when I took on writing a page (or two) on behalf of the school's P&F in the school newsletter each week. When I took that on, I immediately knew I didn't want to just churn out information. I'm not good at reading information myself. There has to be a story there of some sort, otherwise, my mind wanders and next thing, I've completely missed the point being made and I have to start reading it ALL over again.

What was my point?

Oh yeah - writing. So, with the newsletter I delivered information mixed with stories. For example, if I had to tell parents about a maintenance day coming up, I also told a story about my husband's obsession with Bunnings to tie it in with. I received a great response, and a friend from school said her Hubby thought I should start a blog. I'd heard of them, but didn't really know what they were, so I checked out Mia Freedman's Mamamia and...well, here I am...

I love it. It's a great way to express myself. Share. And it's something for me; this little blog. For almost 8 years all I've done is care for my kids, my husband and the house. Not that I don't like doing that. I DO. Absolutely. 150%. I've said it before: it's my dream "job". But I needed something for me. And both this blog and Twitter have given me an outlet to express myself, be a little creative (I mean, look how pretty my blog is, will you? Ha ha!) and, of course, meet all you lot. I can't tell you how great and fulfilling it is when I see comments coming through on my email that you have taken the time to leave. It's nice to know ya'll care.

Now, I'm afraid I have no giveaway or anything to help celebrate this occasion. For various reasons, being:

a. Like I said above, this thing caught up with me;
b. I'm too lazy to actually go out and BUY something, let alone post it. (Just ask my family. My mother waited a whole school term, and more, to get a copy of the school newsletters from me!); and
c. I'm cheap. (Not in a sleazy sense, a monetary one, of course.)

Ok, so point 3 is just silly. Of COURSE I'm not cheap. I paid a whopping $12 per annum just to have a simple comments systems installed for you! *Ahem*

But, anyway, celebrate with me as I acknowledge my, ah, 104th post. Have yourself a glass of vino tonight or...what the hell...make a Margarita, and say a cheers for me, won't you?

Thanks for reading. Hope you'll continue to do so.

Until next time...
Jodie

11 comments:

MegsyJ said...

I love the celebration for post 104! Well done and looking forward to reading more of your stuff. Your blog is just wonderful - funny and inspiring, you have a knack for telling stories that make me say, 'Wait, I'm just reading something' when my toddler is screaming for my attention.

Thanks Jodie. Loving it. xo

Emlykd said...

I love your blog Jodi! Happy hundredth!!! Xxx

Ami said...

Congratulations! I missed my 100 too! Sitting on 192, so might have to celebrate 200!

So glad you started blogging! Not sure what I'd do without my daily dose of Mummy Mayhem! xx

Thea Smith said...

Oh my goodness, two celebrations in one week!? You'll be all partied out!
Congratulations!! 104 is a major milestone...looking forward to the next 104..or more. :)

Aussie-waffler said...

Well yee hah to that, congratulations on churning out (yes, you are a machine, a machine I tells ya) 104 posts. I'm just loving your blog and will definitely keep a bottle of champagne handy for your 200th post (which should be in a couple of weeks or so, right ?).

Brenda said...

Squee! Happy 100th Jodie. Here's to the next 100 and more. *clink*

RubyTwoShoes said...

i totally know what you mean re. writing 'information'. i have always sought out work that involves writing, only to find it totally unsatisfying. finding an outlet via a blog has been great fun for me too

blog on - happy hundred!

Holly Homemaker said...

Congrats on 100 posts :)

Michelle said...

cheers! *clink* - Congratulations! very exciting!

Life and the memoirs said...

Congratualtions Jodie! I've only just found you in the land of blogs. Judging from your 'followers' comments your blog is a great read. I'm looking forward to signing up for my Mummy-Mayhem daily 'fix'. Cheers :)

Nomie said...

Congrats! I think that deserves a margarita!