A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Thursday, January 07, 2010

My Recipe Box - Part 6: French Toast with Blueberries & Bananas

I had this for brekky yesterday morning. Can't tell you how yummy it is...and I think it's fairly healthy!

From memory, I got this out of a recipe book I had on eating during pregnancy, but can't remember which one it was (palmed them off once I was done with incubating babies)! But have always remembered the recipe because it's just so nice.

You can add any fruit you want to it (I often use strawberries as well) but I LOVE bananas and blueberries. Probably both of which are my fave fruit.

So here's the recipe for French Toast with Blueberries & Bananas:

Serves 1

1 slice of bread
1 egg, lightly beaten
Dash of milk
A little butter
Blueberries
1 banana
Icing sugar
Maple Syrup

1. Lightly beat the egg and add a dash of milk. Stir.

2. Make small holes in bread and press in blueberries.

3. Dip bread in to egg & milk mixture on both sides.

4. Melt a little butter in frying pan. Add bread. Cook both sides.

5. When cooked, place french toast on plate. Slice banana and add to french toast.

6. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with maple syrup.

Done!

Other notes:
I used Lawson's Traditional White Bread yesterday (delicious), but I often just use normal sliced wholemeal. My bread today was rather large and thick, so I used 1 slice. But if, like me, you like a substantial brekky, and you have thinly sliced bread, you can always up it to 2 slices. I usually still only need the 1 egg, because I buy the x-large eggs. ;)

Other Recipes from My Recipe Box:

7 comments:

MegsyJ said...

Oh yum, I saw this pic on Twitter yesterday and meant to ask you for the recipe, so thanks for reading my mind!

Michelle said...

mmmmm
I saw this pic on twitter yesterday - now that I've seen it twice I think I'll have to try it out. Will it work with frozen blueberries? I wil try. :)

Anonymous said...

Yummo, but you forgot to include : prior to step 2. take out a small ruler and ensure absolutely perfectly even spacing of holes for fruit. I feel this is an important step to include because I am darn impressed with your perfect positioning ;) x

Aussie-waffler said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me, my Google account went funky the other day, sheesh. x

Ju said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to seeing your favorite picture from meme tag.:) Lovely blog by the way.

MegsyJ said...

OK, made it! Have just finished mine and toddler is crying out for more of hers - she can't get enough of it!

It was *delicious* - even made with gluten free bread (which usually has a taste somewhat resembling cardboard) it was yummy, although I had to do it as normal french toast and then put the blueberries on top to serve, as GF bread just fell apart when I tried to stick berries in it. Used normal bread for the little one though, and it was perfect!

This will become a staple brekky treat in our household. Thanks Jodie!

melinka said...

Oh my god, YUM! Now I'll know what to do the next time I have a craving, thanks :)

http://twitter.com/v_benson