I had this for brekky yesterday morning. Can't tell you how yummy it is...and I think it's fairly healthy!
From memory, I got this out of a recipe book I had on eating during pregnancy, but can't remember which one it was (palmed them off once I was done with incubating babies)! But have always remembered the recipe because it's just so nice.
You can add any fruit you want to it (I often use strawberries as well) but I LOVE bananas and blueberries. Probably both of which are my fave fruit.
So here's the recipe for French Toast with Blueberries & Bananas:
1 slice of bread
1 egg, lightly beaten
Dash of milk
A little butter
1. Lightly beat the egg and add a dash of milk. Stir.
2. Make small holes in bread and press in blueberries.
3. Dip bread in to egg & milk mixture on both sides.
4. Melt a little butter in frying pan. Add bread. Cook both sides.
5. When cooked, place french toast on plate. Slice banana and add to french toast.
6. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with maple syrup.
I used Lawson's Traditional White Bread yesterday (delicious), but I often just use normal sliced wholemeal. My bread today was rather large and thick, so I used 1 slice. But if, like me, you like a substantial brekky, and you have thinly sliced bread, you can always up it to 2 slices. I usually still only need the 1 egg, because I buy the x-large eggs. ;)
Other Recipes from My Recipe Box: