A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tagged: 10 Things I Don't Have The Guts To Do


The incredibly lovely Ami over at Puff Pieces has kindly tagged me to post about 10 thing I just don't have the guts to do....

I was also tagged by Nomie at Under the Yardarm, Thea at Do I Really Wanna Blog? and Megan at Writing Out Loud I reckon this is going to be easy-peasy. I'm quite the scaredy cat, and not daring AT ALL.

So, here's my list:

1. Bungee jump - There is no way IN THE WORLD I would bungee jump. The thought of diving off something, with only a rope attached to my feet (that has been attached to me by a total stranger who doesn't really give two hoots about my welfare) scares me silly.

2. Skydive - Same as above. Jump out of a plane? BAH! You have got to be kiddin' me.

3. Go on a really scary ride - Nup. I was the girl at the Royal Show in Perth each year that could be found on the Tunnel of Love. Or the merry-go-round. Or, if I was feeling particularly daring, the Ferris wheel (but no one was allowed to MOVE - and I HAD to sit in the middle). I got better with age, but you still won't find me on anything particularly frightening.

4. Drive over 120kms per hour - That's probably the fastest I've ever driven. And it was in Italy, where every second car was an Audi and was zooming past me. I'd never make a good racing car driver.

5. Bake and decorate a cake for my sons' birthday - I know. It's not exactly earth shattering stuff, but I just have this fear of doing it. I've convinced myself I can't make anything worthy. And that my son(s) will take one look at it and say, "Oh MUM! Why did you make that?" Funny, because my Mum was a cake decorating goddess. You would have thought it may have rubbed off on me. Worse: I may make it, not like what I've done (and being a Virgo, I have a particular need to GET. IT. RIGHT.) and will then lament over the fact that I have just wasted my precious time. That's right. You can find me at Michel's or The Cheesecake Shop when it's birthday time... However - I did make a pretty good Gingerbread House at Christmas time that the kids LOVED, so...maybe...

6. Tell some people what I really think - There are some people in my life I'd like to speak my mind to, but I hold back. I mean, I'm not someone who is afraid of confrontation or expressing their opinion, but I think of the consequences and just don't go there. Then I bitch about it to my husband. Oh, what? No, no. With Hubby, I have NO problem telling him what I really think! (hahaha)

7. Scuba Dive - Hubby has done scuba diving, so wouldn't it be lovely if we could do it together? But no way, Jose. The ocean freaks me out! Even when I've gone snorkeling in the past, I've started off ok, and then within ten minutes I start imagining a shark or sea snake is lurking around me, and I'm out of the ocean before you can say "JAWS!".

8. Write completely openly - Some people have no problem detailing everything about themselves. Their strengths, weaknesses, their sex life... I mean, I read a lot of very, personal information in some of the biographies I read. But nup. Not me. I'm fairly open, but there are just some things I couldn't write about. But I also think this is kind of ok. Only do what's comfortable, I always say...

9. Cut my children's hair - I did try it once. D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R! I cut my 7yr old's hair when he was around 18 months. Seriously, it looked like I'd put a bowl on his head and just cut around it. There were even comparisons to the ex-Prime Minister of New Zealand - Helen Clark (see this). Hubby was not impressed.

10. Pick up bugs - SPIDERS would be on the top of my list, closely followed by pretty much everything else. HOWEVER - I recently did allow my friend's little girl to put a green insect thingy on my hand, but after a few minutes I had to get it off. It was moving around and the sensation was freaking me out!

So, there you go. I could probably go on, but I won't bore you.

If you're reading this, and you haven't done it yet - feel free to join in and consider yourself tagged!

Until next time...
Jodie

12 comments:

jessica said...

You stole my list!!!!

Ami said...

Great list Jodie! Especially number 6 and even more so number 8. I agree it's ok not to write completely openly if you don't want to, however I have written some stuff that I won't publish on Puff because I don't want hurt people's feelings. Not because I'm a mean person, but being honest can sometimes upset people. Maybe I should take your lead and start another blog, but keep it anonymous!

Bern said...

I totally get you about the cake making/decorating. Cannot do it. What if it's shite and ends up looking like a big bog instead of Dora the Explorer. What then. Nah the cheesecake shop never fails me there. :)

Sarah P said...

Apart from number 7 (I love scuba diving) I could probably cut and paste your list onto my blog. IDENTICAL. Seriously. Beginning to wonder if we were separated at birth ....

Miss carly said...

We have heaps that are the same! x

Jayne said...

Lol - I have trouble writing about sex. We really are twins. :-) When I think about writing my novel I wonder, 'But will people read it without sex in it?'

Thea Smith said...

Excellent!!
You sound completely normal to me! ;)

Michelle said...

kids hair - oh no! I would never either!

MegsyJ said...

Yes yes yes! Absolutely can relate to them all!

Make do mum said...

I agree with all of those! I'm getting better at no.10 but you have some big mofo spiders in Oz so I don't blame you for steering clear!

Very Bored in Catalunya said...

Very good meme, might have to do this one.

Tammy said...

Hmm a few of those I shudder at the thought of doing!
Spiders? YUK!!
Maybe I should do a list too!!