A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, January 08, 2010

Tagged: A Photo Meme - The Happy Couple

Laura over at Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? tagged me recently to post my favourite photo for Tara at Sticky Fingers' new meme (Your Favourite Photo).

I had a number of photos instantly in mind for this post, but it is the following picture I eventually chose. It's a photo of my Mum and Dad, taken circa 1985.

Mum & Dad

I took it with a camera I had received for my birthday that same year (which I was SO excited about). I love this photo because it is a true representation of the wonderful relationship my parents have. They were married close to 40 years at the time, and celebrated 61 years of marriage last September (2009).

I say a true representation because it reminds of growing up watching them sit together on the couch in front of the tv, holding hands. And ribbing each other about everything and having a good laugh together. Since I first started driving in 1987, whenever I take Mum out in the car somewhere Dad will always say to me: "Drive carefully. You've got precious cargo on board."

They are certainly a great example for my own marriage, and I'm thankful to have parents who are so wonderful to each other, and to me.

And now it's my turn to tag some other bloggers for the same task. So here goes...What's your favourite photo and why?...

Jodie

14 comments:

Aussie-waffler said...

Awwww, that is so sweet.
Thanks for the tag *gulp* I think. I am still one tag behind, but I will be getting the little blog up to date over the next week :) x

Brenda@mummytime said...

Your dad is the sweetest!

And thanks muchly for the tag lovely lady.XO

miss carly said...

thanks for the tag x

lovely photo! and great memories x

MegsyJ said...

Thanks for the tag, Jodie! I'll get thinking...

And your parents sound beautiful.

Nomie said...

Love the photo, and thanks for the tag... will get on to it xxx

Pippa said...

You know I think this is my favourite picture too just because of your story about it!

Pippa said...

You know I think this is my favourite picture too just because of your story about it!

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Thanks Pippa! That's so nice of you to say. x

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

THanks fellow bloggers/tagees! Good luck with your photo hunt, and keep me "posted"!

Thea Smith said...

That is such a special photo!
Now, my turn...I'm onto it!! :)

Tara@Sticky Fingers said...

How utterly gorgeous. I love that you have chosen your parents because they are a shiny example of marriage. Just lovely
Thanks so much for taking part. Will add you to the gallery/album list x

jessica said...

my parents have been togther nearly 53 years and are just as love today as they were when they first met.

Cate said...

Gosh, my grandmother always said that "precious cargo" line to my husband whenever we visited her. She died 20 years ago and I miss hearing it.
Lovely post Jodie :)

Kelly Burstow said...

Love it! Their relationship surely does shine through the pic.