A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Photo #10

The very lovely Thea over at Do I Really Wanna Blog? tagged me for this one. And I love it!


I have to post a photo from my computer library and talk about it. Thankfully, I don't have to choose which one - that decision has been made for me (phew!) because it has to be the tenth photo in my library. 


Anyway, here are the (official) instructions:

1. Open the first/oldest photo folder in your computer library
2. Scroll to the 10th photo
3. Post the photo and the story behind it
4. Tag 5 or more people to continue the thread.




Now, you know I don't usually post photos of my boys here, but I figured I could make an exception for this post. Afterall, I doubt anyone will recognise the 6yr old in the street after seeing this particular pic!



We didn't buy a digital camera until after the 6yr old was born, and from memory, this shot was taken with a good old fashioned camera with a 400 film (hence the reason it's so grainy) and saved to disc (we were getting more high tech back then!). Unfortunately, bubs should have been facing the light - so it's not the best shot - but he was sleeping at the time. 


I love that he looks as though he's smiling in his sleep. He was always the calm baby out of all three, so that's quite fitting. If you look closely, you might see a little mark on his cheek. That's a scratch from the instrument used to break my waters during his birth. (My Ob/Gyn was very apologetic!) His ear is a bit squashy too - not sure why, perhaps because of the birth. It's quite normal now!


Looking at the 6yr old's newborn pics brings a particular warm and fuzzy feeling to my heart. His birth was, by far, the easiest and shortest of all three, and he took to feeding and sleeping and everything else so beautifully! You can't tell from this photo, but he had the brightest orange hair at birth (and it remains that way - just a little longer these days). 


And now, to pass on this meme to others if they wish to participate (but no pressure at all):


Ami at Puff Pieces
Megan at Writing Out Loud
Nomie at Under The Yardarm
Emily at Emlykd The Strange
Brenda at MummyTime


Good luck!


Jodie

8 comments:

MegsyJ said...

What a beautiful shot. So peaceful and happy looking.

And thanks for the tag, I'll do it!

Ami said...

Gosh he's cute! He looks like a little angel!

Thnx for the tag, will go find my #10! xx

Thea Smith said...

I love baby photos and he is so adorable. I just want to give him a cuddle.
Thanks for sharing that priceless pic. xx

Brenda said...

*sniffs* I love the smell of new bubbas.=)

and hey, thanks for the tag.XO

Michelle said...

absolutley gorgeous! love yummy bubby pics :)

Nomie said...

Just lovely Jodie... I too love baby photos... they are so small, and precious, and smell so good.
Thanks for sharing & thanks for the tag too - now off to find the 10th photo! xxx

Shelly said...

This is a beautiful photo. You bring back memories of those extraordinary few weeks that is the newborn stage. I won't be experiencing that anymore as I resigned from the kid factory after my two boys, but I look forward to the day that my little ones have their own and I can hold a newborn once again..and then give him/her back ;)

Thanks for dropping by today.

Shelly at www.tropicalmum.blogspot.com

emlykd said...

oh WHAT??? I didn't see this tag.. maybe I will do it tonight...