A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, May 07, 2010

Hot or Not? Robert Downey Jnr

It's time for our usual Friday fun with Hot or Not?


Sorry. It's a bit late this week. I was busy with Mother's Day celebrations at school, followed by an impromptu lunch with friends. Yes. I'm livin' it up!


Last week, Sam Worthington created quite a split in the voting. It was pretty much half and half, with some saying he deserved the HOT title, and some saying that he just came across as too arrogant in some of his interviews, which deemed him NOT hot. It raised an interesting thought: Is your vote based on how the celebs look, or is it, in fact, the complete personality/looks package that matters? Hmmm...


My pal, Mardi thought that with Iron Man 2 out at the moment, and Robert Downey Jnr hitting the big screen once again, he might be a good choice for this week's Hot or Not (thanks Mard!). I missed seeing him in Sherlock Holmes. (No surprise there. I hardly ever get to the movies these days.) And it would take me almost forever (yes - I tend to be a bit dramatic at times) to list all the roles he's played in the past (and, personally, I think he is a very talented actor). 


However - there is one role in particular I think of when I think of 45-year-old Robert. Remember that little ole show a while back called Ally McBeal? Well, you might recall that Robert played Larry - Ally's love interest. (Season 4, I believe.) I LOVED him in that role! And he used to sing on that show too. Lovely.


Anyway, here's a clip of Robert in action in Iron Man 2:





Robert has quite a chequered past, doesn't he? Do you take that in to consideration when deciding what your vote will be?


Is Robert Downey Jnr hot, or not?






Jodie


* This weekly post was originally inspired by Insomniac Mummy. Check out her Hot or Not each week. 

18 comments:

Anj (@anjwrites) said...

No question...HOT!!! Since Weird Science he's been hot...LOVE this guy!

Liz K (LizK_is on twitter) said...

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT
That's not really enough HOT but I can't spam you too much ;)

RDj has had a chequered past but he is forgiven because he's just so damn hot :)

miss carly said...

HOT! I am so begging the boyfriend to take me to see this tomorrow! I love action movies and love Robert! Gorgeous. Funny too! We only just rewatched Iron Man the other night too. And saw Sherlock in goldclass {that's where we'll see Iron Man 2 also!!!}

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!

MegsyJ said...

HOT! He has had the best comeback ever, going from average to drug-addict to HOT!

PS - I'm with you on never getting to the movies. I snuck away to go when Abbey was a few weeks old, and that was the last time I went. She's now 20 months. Sigh.

Taryn said...

Hmm. For me he was hot in the 80's before he went a bit weird. He is a bit old for me now. SORRY!

Lucy said...

No no no no no.

My problem is that he is "my type". Funny, over confident, over addicted. All the personality traits I must AVOID.

COLD COLD COLD

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Hot, HOT, HOT! Love RDJ - gorgeous, dapper and hilarious. Love him to bits.

Meredith @ thinkthinks said...

Oh he's hot. Hotter now than he was in his youth. And talented, and witty into the bargain. Yum!

Maxabella said...

Everytime I'm tempted to say HOT, I think of him in his neighbour's child's bed sleeping one off and I just think NOT...

Nomie said...

HOT. HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT. HOT HOT HOT HOT HAWT!
He had a turbulent beginning, but oh my, he has always been hot in my eyes.
Jodie, this little piece makes my Friday! Thank you! xxxxx

Madmother said...

Hot! Always was, always will be. Gotta luv a bad boy screwup!

Lori said...

Not!!! Nuh uh, no way!!

Cinda said...

Of course he's a hottie!! Hot Hot HOt

Thea said...

Hmmmm? Almost hot?
There's something I'm not quite sure about with RDJ

Chillirosie said...

Mmm, not ugly, but he just doesn't do it for me. Sorry dude, NOT.

Meagan said...

Definately:) despite his bad boy tendencies!

Susie said...

Yes, HOT, definitely HOT. Loved him in Sherlock Holmes!

Mrs. Howell said...

Normally, I do think he is good looking, but on that cover of Mens Vogue. . .SUPER HOT!!! Totally. Yum-o!!!!