A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, May 07, 2010

Life Is Good

Ah, lookie here! A lovely blogging award…

The very lovely Thea over at Do I Really Wanna Blog? has awarded me the lovely Life Is Good award. Isn’t it pretty? I'm so grateful for Thea and those who have given me awards in the past. It's nice to know ya'll care. *dabs at eyes* 


Thank you, Thea for this one! Check out Thea’s blog. It’s one of my faves. (She also has a number of others - you'll see a list of them on her homepage. I like to call her the 'Blogging Queen'.) 

Along with this award are some questions that I am going to attempt to answer here for you right now.

What do you do when you’re bored?
Twirl my hair. It’s a habit I’ve had for as long as I can remember. I twirl when I’m bored, when I’m stressed, when I’m tired…twirling is kinda fun!

Are you an autumn, or a spring person?
Well, with the weather here in Sydney lately, I’m tempted to say ‘Autumn’ (my Hubby definitely would. Every year he bangs on about it being the “best time of the year”). But I’m a spring girl. I love when the weather warms up, and besides, I’m a September-born gal, and it reminds me my birthday is coming!

Quick! You’re stuck at an airport for hours, and the only options are a crossword puzzle or an old novel nobody’s ever heard of. Which would you pick?
The old novel. Definitely. I’ve never been good at crossword puzzles (yet another gene not passed on to me by my mother).

Jane Austen or Emily Bronte?
Jane Austen. I’ve read a couple of her books, which I loved, and I have a few more waiting. (I always have books waiting in the wings.)

Do you feel prepared for the five other questions coming your way?
Sure. Why not. Bring it on!

Who’s your hero?
Oh..maybe I should have been more prepared. A hero? I don’t think I have one. I most certainly look up to my parents though. They’re a great example to follow.

Favorite word?
Condensation. I know that sounds a weird choice, but it reminds me of my childhood. My parents were always blaming stuff around the house on “condensation”. It used to frustrate me back then, but when I hear the word now, it makes me laugh!

Are you one of those “checklist” people, or are you a “wing it and hope everything goes well” sort of person?
I’m a bit of both. I like to think I’m a list-kinda-gal. And I do make lists. But mostly, they’re lists in my head, and I forget them, so I end up winging it.

What phrase has stuck with you in your life?
I don’t think I have one favourite phrase. They come and go. I do say, "Cest la vie" a lot though.

If you were to choose between coffee and tea. . . which would you go with?
Tea. If it’s not a weak coffee, I can get all anxious and unsettled. I didn’t drink much of either up until a few years ago. Now I love a good cuppa – but could go without it if I had to.
_______________

How'd I go, Thea? Did I pass?

Now I’m going to pass this on to…(drum roll please…)

Taryn at This Is Taryn
Emily at Emlykd The Strange
Ami at Puff Pieces 


(Although, there's no pressure for Ami to do this - she's busy hanging out in Europe at the moment with her Hubby. Nice.)


Hot or Not will be up later this morn. Who could it be...?


Jodie

4 comments:

MegsyJ said...

I never thought I'd hear anyone say their favourite word is 'condensation'! You're full of surprises (lovely surprises that is)!

Michelle said...

condensation - that's funny!

Anonymous said...

Haha, you totally passed!! I love that you twirl your hair.

Tata now, 'we' must be off.

The Blogging Queen xx

Nomie said...

I love that your favourite word is condensation... and the reason for it being so. Lovely post, and now I feel I know you a little bit more!