A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dying For a Cuppa

I survived. Over three and a half days computer free. And...it wasn't so bad.


That was one revelation I had these last few days during my Twitter, Blog and Email ban (which was self-imposed). I can live without my computer, if I have to. Well, short term anyway. Yes, there was a moment when I desperately asked Hubby to download a Twitter application on to his iPhone (he refused), but apart from that - I survived quite well. 


My other revelation during the past few days is that I've turned in to my parents. The Ansted Family went to Canberra for the long weekend here. I always remember after returning from a long car trip, my parents would walk through the door to our home and one would immediately exclaim to the other, "I"m dying for a cuppa. Pop the kettle on, love." Everything else was put aside until the tea was consumed. I never thought myself a "tea drinker" as such, up until the last six or so months. In fact, the first thing I imagined I would want to do today after returning from our own car trip was to Tweet. Or blog. But it was the tea that won out in the end. ;) 


And yes - I'm now here. As you can see. 


However, I do wonder what the Universe is trying to tell me, because after an almost four day break from Twitter, I returned only to find it wasn't working. When I last checked, my profile was showing none of my tweets, and every time I did tweet, it would come up with an "Internal Server Error" message. *sigh*


In any case, I'm not giving up on technology just yet. I did miss my tweeps, and I also missed all your smiley faces and/or comments on my posts. I missed reading other's blog posts (and I bet my newly discovered Google reader is just bursting with new posts)! And I missed writing.


I'd love to tell you about our holiday. We had some funny moments, as well as a few challenging ones (you're not all that surprised, are you)? And when I have more time, I will do just that. Right now, I'm up to my ears in washing. I'm trying to figure out what to have for dinner, and the kids are busy messing up the house (again) because, for them, their toys and drawing materials are like my computer - something they miss and want to play with as soon as they walk through the door. 


After a nice cuppa (or in their case - hot Milo). Of course. 


Jodie

No comments: