A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hot or Not? Javier Bardem

With Julia in Eat Pray Love
Every week, I ask you, my dear readers, if the celebrity of my choice (I mostly get to choose because it's my blog and all, but sometimes I ask for suggestions ;) ) is hot, or not?


Last week, Hugh Jackman had a positive response, although it was interesting to note that many thought his new Lipton Iced Tea ad was a little...off-putting. Hmmm...


Anyway, on to this week's choice. There's something very attractive about Spanish men. When I was on a Contiki Tour (oh, yeah!) back in 1991 when I was a spring chicken 20 years old, I met three gorgeous Spanish men at our base in Paris. One was called Jesus. Who could forget a name like that? They were sooooo nice. Except for the fact that they really wanted to see New Zealand more than Australia. Pffft. (Just kidding NZ readers!)


Anyway, enough of my rambling. You're not here to read what I have to say today, are you? You're here to admire... Therefore, without further ado, I give you Javier Bardem, co-star of the movie I really want to see, Eat Pray Love, and fairly new husband to the equally gorgeous Penelope Cruz


Whaddya think? Is Javier hot, or not?




Jodie


* Inspired by Insomniac Mummy's weekly Hot or Not

27 comments:

Anj (@anjwrites) said...

OMG soooooooooo HOT!!

Learncreatedo said...

Not...sorry doesn't do it for me...maybe if I see the movie?

MultipleMum said...

Nope. Not for me. I don't think his role in the movie will help, 'cause I didn't likethe sound of Ms Gilbert's chosen man either (and I can't say Penelope Cruz does it for me). So much negative! Sorry :(

Corinne said...

Nope, ever since I saw him with 'that' hair in No Country for Old Men, well I just can't warm to him.

Cinda said...

Hot! Yummy hot:)

Sam [Good Mum Hunting] said...

He is HOT!

His performance, along with his wife, saved the movie "Vicki Cristina Barcelona'

Lori said...

Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has a weird looking head. In fact, he loos like he's just woken up. All day.

Megan: The Byron Life said...

Ohh yeah. he's Hot!
(sadly, the movie is not.)

Lucy said...

No no no no no no.

Not hot for me.

In theory, yes, he is "my type". But there is soething about him that makes me uncomfortable.

Creepy roid bod?

Dunno.

But he leaves me cold.

:(

Bernadette Morley said...

Oh I just don't know. I saw EPL on Tuesday and at times he was attractive but not always. Unsure.

Lucy said...

No no no no no no.

Not hot for me.

In theory, yes, he is "my type". But there is something about him that makes me really uncomfortable.

(He reminds me of the late Oliver Reed too, who is an alcoholic. Maybe that's what puts me off?)

Creepy roid bod?

Dunno.

But he leaves me cold.

:(

Bernadette Morley said...

Oh I just don't know. I saw EPL on Tuesday and at times he was attractive but not always. Unsure.

Tracy Rudd said...

Unlike me to be ambivalent about this, but I am.

Like Lucy and Bern, I *think* he should be hot and my type, but he doesn't quite do it for me most of the time. I guess that really makes the answer, Not.

http://melbournemumma.com said...

Nope, sorry...he's just a little too weird looking for me. Fussy, much?! LOL ;)

Michelle said...

NO! not :\

Ali @mummahh said...

Sorry but I think NOT! >:o

Ali @mummahh said...

Sorry but I think NOT! >:o

Ali @mummahh said...

Sorry but I think NOT! >:o

samantha currie said...

hmmmmm I'll pass, but thanks for the offer. :)

wombat central said...

Nope. Does nuttin' for me.

wombat central said...

Nope. Nuttin' over here.

Naomi said...

Nope. Even if he wasn't in a film I think is a piece of utter shite, from a book of utter shite, I'd say no. (yes I have a very strong opinion on EPL) :)

Maxabella said...

This is a classic example of sexy but really, really weird looking. I like him, but I don't know why. It's certainly not his ginormous, over-sized head that's doing it for me, that's for sure.

I'm with Naomi. I left EPL in India when reading the book -YAWN fest. I went and saw the movie with a friend anyway and I really, really wanted to leave in India but stuck it out. Self-indulgent dripping with cliches, god how can anyone be that selfish, give her a massive slap fest.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, glad I read all the comments before commenting myself!! I think hot but in a funny kind of a way really. Not your classic goodlooker but in EPL you could see why she fell for him. So.... hot in a funny personality way. Although, a guy who kisses his son on the lips and then cries too much... hmmmm

Aussie-waffler said...

Tapas, hot, Javier, not. In my humble opinion of course.

Steph said...

As I appreciate Spanish men, I'd say YES to Javier. Although her looked hotter in Vicky Cristina Barcelona versus EPL. Try it :)

dramaqueen said...

I am very late to this discussion. Have not been doing much web surfing lately, so am in catch up mode.
Now - Javier? Hot you ask??
Did you hear that sound? The sound of my underwear falling to the ground?
Yep - he is THAT hot.
Oh my lordy, spicy chilli hot.
Sorry - I just need to duck of and have a cold shower!