A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Will You Be My Friend?

As always, I'm a bit late to the party - but I finally joined Facebook.

Some of you will know that I've resisted Facebook for a very long time now. I did join once - years ago after friends suddenly started sending me Facebook requests. At the time, not only couldn't I work out how to use it, but my mind was elsewhere with toddlers running around messing up my house. So I shut it down.

A few months ago, some of my bloggy friends suggested I joined Facebook - they assured me it would be 'good for business' so to speak (promoting my blog). I really thought about it, but then decided I just didn't have the time to maintain something else besides my two blogs, Twitter, emails etc. Oh, and motherhood. Of course. I didn't forget that. Ahem.

Then last week, on a whim, I joined up. I can't tell you for the life of me why I suddenly decided to, but I did. Just like that.

And I'm loving it.

I love that I can connect with so many people instantly, and I can see what's happening in my News thread and I can check out what friends and family have been up to. I can follow other blogs and people can follow mine. Yes - it can be bit of a time-waster if you allow it to. You click on a link - that takes you to another one. You find a friend you haven't seen in 20 years, their profile takes you to more friends...uh-oh - an ex-boyfriend! Click away, click away, click away...


I'm still a learner driver there, and I suspect - just like when I first joined Twitter - there will be some bumps along the way. Any tips you have for me are very welcomed!

I have some more thoughts on Facebook too - it doesn't take me long to form an opinion - but I'll keep that for another post.

In the meantime, why don't you join me there? You can befriend me at http://www.facebook.com/JodieAnsted or like my Fan Page for my blog at http://www.facebook.com/MummyMayhemBlog (there's also a 'like' box in the RHS column of my homepage where you can...like me). Oh, and I joined Networked Blogs too! (What the hell? I'll sign up for practically anything at the moment - I'm on a roll...) You can follow me there too. (At the moment, I'm the only person following me there, which is, ah, a little embarrassing.)

AND - if you have a blog and a Fan Page on Facebook of your own that I haven't 'liked' yet (or just your Facebook page) - please leave me your link so I can go there and sign up! Ta muchly.

Look forward to seeing you around 'friends'. ;)

Jodie

PS - If you're one of my IRL friends (that's 'in real life', Mum), just to let you know I don't put Hubby or the boys' names on my blog and won't on my Facebook page either. Protecting the innocent and all that. :)

10 comments:

Thea said...

Done already and *like*!! ;)

Susan @ Reading Upside Down said...

I have a bit of a love/hate thing going with Facebook, but I do enjoy using it to keep up to date with what my favourite bloggers are up to. I've liked your page already. :-)

I have a Facebook page for my blog Reading Upside Down, although I use it as a general announcement page for all my writing endeavours. I've found it is a great way to promote my latest book reviews, articles or blog posts. I tend to be more chatty on Twitter and use the FB page simply for publishing updates and 'coming soon' announcements.

I'm glad you've decided to come and join us on the dark side. :-)

MomAgain@40 said...

Done the following and "like"-ing :-D

JANE said...

Hi Jodie I now 'like' you and have requested you to be my friend. Feel free to drop by my blog and say hi some time. J x

River said...

I've avoided Facebook since I first heard of it, and I shall continue to do so. Ditto Twitter.
I have no need to be in someone's "face" 24/7, nor do I want others in my "face" 24/7.
I have other uses for my spare time.
Books, TV, gardening, (sort of), wandering around with my camera....

Nat said...

Have "liked" and sent a friend request.

Megan Blandford said...

Loving seeing you over on Facebook! And I have a confession to make - I have *no* idea what that Networked Blogs thingo is all about. But I'll come and follow you there anyway!

Maxabella said...

I rarely go on there, but for you I will make an exception! x

samanthacurrie.com said...

Just wanted to give you a big shoutout miss Ansted. I love that you follow people back on Twitter and friend people on FB - that you really GET what social networking is all about! One prominent Twitterati sent out a 'please LIKE me' on FB and given she doesn't even follow me back on twitter I find it quite insulting.
Loving your work! Love seeing you on FB (my medium of choice ;) )

Linda T said...

Another facebook addict in the making :-)