A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, December 17, 2010

On Mummy Mayhem This Week & "The Perfect Gift" This Christmas

Gosh - are we at the end of another week already? 

At least this week I'm not as time pressured as I was last week. Christmas gifts are almost sorted, and the social activities are winding down. A little anyway. Phew.

Ok, so here's what you might have missed this week. (If you haven't been here yet this week...where have you been?! Glad you're back.)

Last week's Hot or Not was very popular. Seems a good bedside manner - as well as some smouldering good looks - goes down a treat. Check out Patrick Dempsey, people!

In Chapter Six of The Dance of Revenge (the book I started writing at age 14), Sherrie was just coming to terms with her grandmother's death when she found out that her mother couldn't afford her beloved ballet lessons anymore. Tsk, tsk. 

After a challenging week last week, on the weekend the 3yr old got up to his old tricks and found himself in the Emergency department at the hospital. Again.

I shared my Christmas decorations. (Another one of my Not-So-Wordless Wednesday posts.)

The Gift That Keeps on Giving...I reviewed 3 children's books that will knock your kids' Christmas stockings off this Christmas.

Something I wish I had an infinite amount of, but find I don't have nearly enough of these days. Find out  what it is.

Over at Mummy Mayhem's Recipe Box I finally posted my Mum's Lemon Butter Tarts recipe. Check them out. They are SO delicious.

I also posted a dessert that the kids can make that they'll love, and is incredibly healthy.

*     *     *     *     * 

Hey - if you have a blog, why don't you leave me a link to one or your posts this week you'd like me - and others - to read? I'll be sure to stop by. ;)

*     *     *     *     *

You may have noticed I have a little noticeboard at the top of my blog. Yes? Well, I'd like to draw your attention to a new item on there.


The Australian Red Cross Blood Service (ARCBS) is launching a new Christmas campaign called “The Perfect Gift”.


The focus of this campaign is to get people to consider giving something that will really make a difference this Christmas by donating blood and giving the gift of life. If you head to the ARCBS' page for The Perfect Gift, you can print out and personalise a specially made “The Perfect Gift” gift box which you can put together and give to friends, family and colleagues. 

Just quickly, here are some facts:

  • Every donation can save three lives.
  • Every donation is valuable because 1 in 3 Australians will need blood, yet only 1 in 30 donates.
  • The need for blood is constant and all blood components have a limited shelf life, which is why donations are needed every day. Blood and blood treatments are delivered to hospitals around Australia 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – even on Christmas Day.
  • Australia needs over 26,000 blood donations every week to save lives and to meet the need of patients.
  • Donations made in December could help patients recover to be home for Christmas or the New Year.
I also have a button on my homepage that will take you straight to the website for more details. 




Finally, come back for today's Hot or Not, and to find out about a very special Hot or Not I'll be having next week. It won't be on Friday either, so make sure you pop back later today to find out what it is, and when it's going to be posted! You won't want to miss it. ;)

Until then my lovelies....

Jodie

No comments: