A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Kids & Alcohol Just Don't Mix

I'm not a big drinker these days.

In my youth, I would go out drinking with my friends sometimes three times a week. (Probably explains my appalling memory.) I remember turning up to work the day after a big night with a chocolate milk and a sausage roll in hand - my 'recovery snack'. Working with a hangover was hard - but I was in my late teens/early 20s back then and could handle it.

But parenting with a hangover - at the age of 40 - is even worse (even when you're drinking far less than all those years ago).

Which is why I always regret that 'one champagne too many' the next day when I occasionally indulge in more than a few drinks (and I don't usually indulge at all during the week - except for special occasions, of course). When kids scream and you have a pounding headache, it's ten times worse. Perhaps I shouldn't have accepted the margarita Hubby made for me before we left? Hmmm.

I need a lie in and some Q.U.I.E.T. (I'll pop that on the 'never gonna happen' list, shall I?)

My heart thanks my gorgeous friends for hosting a great night last night. My head? Not so much.

Hope you all enjoyed the Aussie Day celebrations. :)



 

No comments: