A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Saturday, January 22, 2011

This Week I'm Grateful For...Family & Old Friends

It's time to be grateful.

The very lovely Maxabella of Maxabella Loves hosts a 'This week I'm grateful for...' post each weekend. It's a lovely way to reflect on the week and think about what you're grateful for, because really, you'd be surprised how many wonderful things happen in a week. Even in a terrible, horrible week there's something to be grateful for.

I haven't joined in until now because I always felt I couldn't fit another post in, but I've thought about it, and I decided that it was too important an opportunity to miss to reflect on the good, so here I am. Thanks Bron. xxx

Ok - so this week I'm very grateful for family and old friends, and for being able to spend some time with those that I see so little of because they live all the way across the other side of this expansive country of ours, in Perth.

Going back to see them can be tough (mostly because of the goodbyes), but all in all, I am so grateful that we arrived safely there and I was able to hug my parents again after over a year and a half apart. I also got to spend time with my sister and her husband, and cuddle my newly born great-nephew, as well as help out his mum (my niece) who unfortunately had to attend a funeral on the day I arrived, by looking after him whilst she did (I got lots of cuddles).

I saw my other great-nephew for the first time since he was the same age - now walking around and as cheeky as a monkey - and caught up with his Dad (my nephew).

I had a lovely, relaxing dinner with three old school friends that I miss. They know me so well, and getting together after so long means we have a lot to say! A fun night.

And very importantly, I got to spend some much needed down time with my own family as we lazed by the pool - even for just an hour or two - most days. It was great to see the kids so happy and having so much fun.  

What are you grateful for?

No comments: