A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Monday, February 28, 2011

Mummy Mayhem Goes Dot Com & Other Blog News

I've been thinking for a while now about Mummy Mayhem going dot com, and finally I got off my you-know-whatsie and did something about it. 

My new site address is:

www.mummy-mayhem.com

Isn't that nice and short and simple now? I'd have gone without the hyphen, but someone had already taken it. That said, I think it turned out for the best because my blog link always had a hyphen anyway, and I wouldn't want to confuse anyone! (Including myself.)

Now, I'm pretty sure Google or whoever (I'm really rather technically challenged, you know) will forward all my old blogspot links to my new blog name once it's up and running (at least, that's what Google told me during the process). But just in case, if you have me on your blog roll/in your bookmarks, maybe you could update my link to my new .com? That would be lovely!

Now, on to the 'other blog news'.

As many of you will know, I've had some issues with comments this year. I used Echo comments for aaaages (pretty much from the start of my blog), and then one day they just disappeared. I finally got them back, only to have them disappear on me again so I got tired of that and signed up for Disqus.

I loved it. LOVED it. I could reply to people via email easily, and I loved being able to reply to each person's comment directly underneath theirs. But apparently a lot of you experienced difficulty loading the comments and some were unable to comment at all and that made me very, very sad. (Any blogger who tells you comments don't matter to them is LYING! Bloggers love to know what you think and know that you're reading.)

And so, even though I'm not a huge fan of Blogger's commenting system, I've reverted back to it. Sadly, this means I have lost the comments that were left on my blog since installing Disqus late last year. But you know what? I've printed them all. That's how much they mean to me. I spent donkey's years the other day printing off all my blog posts and comments - even dashing to the shops for more print paper - just so I could have them to look back on. I printed off Angela's beautiful post the other day twice, so that she could have a set. I know all those comments you all left for her meant a lot to her.

Anyway, it'll all be good. I hope there aren't too many glitches from hereon. *crosses fingers*

Now, please come back tomorrow (Tuesday) because I'm having that GIVEAWAY I'm excited about. If you have kids aged 3-8 years, you might like to pop on by.

Until then...






Image: We Heart It

12 comments:

Tina ~ tina gray dot me said...

Yay for getting a dot com! x

Dorothy said...

Congratulations on becoming the mistress of your own domain!

I'm sorry to hear you had problems with Disqus, I'm yet to encounter any, but at least now I've been warned to print off any comments before making changes.. So, thank you!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Congrates on your .com

Sorry to hear you lost your comments.
I wish we could petition blogger to do something about their comments system.

Naomi said...

congrats on the jump to dot com - you are official now :)

therhythmmethod said...

Glad to know I am not the only blogger who is technologically challenged. You are doing an excellent job of bluffing your way through.
And congrats on your dot com status, how very exciting.

Jane said...

Good for you, Jodie. I did the same at Planet Baby a while ago and it was so easy and painless. It took about 3 days for Blogger to fully transfer everything over so a few of your widgets may not be functional for the next few days. But don't stress, it all sorts itself out.

Oh, and do make sure you ticked the option to automatically renew your annual subscription - you don't want your ownership to lapse, only to have someone snap it up while your back's turned and then have to pay them to get it back ☺.

J x

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Thanks all! Yes - it's very exciting having my own .com. How cool!

Jane - thank you - I was wondering why my Search box wouldn't work a little while ago - that'd be why...hasn't fully transferred yet. They did say 3 days, but then I noticed my site was up and thought it had happened earlier!

Oh, and I did check that box. Thank goodness! ;)

Miss Pink said...

How does one get disqus? I liked it!

Kim said...

We should start a dot com club! :D Comments to bloggers are the equivalent of bones to dogs.

MaidInAustralia said...

Yay! Congratulations on becoming Mistress Of Your Domain. xo

River said...

You printed off all the posts? Wow! That's a lot of ink.
I've been thinking of printing off a few, to send to my sister who doesn't have a computer.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.