A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, February 25, 2011

This Week I'm Grateful For...My Location, Location, Location


It’s time to be grateful, with Maxabella acting as the hostess with the mostess. 

When Hubby and I purchased our home back in 2001, we really had no idea how handy the location was. We just saw the potential that the house had. (Or rather, Hubby did – he has a good eye for such things. I recall walking out after my first viewing and exclaiming, “Too hard.”)

But, oh my – it may not be considered the best street in our suburb (not by a long shot – but it’s also not the worst), but it’s location, location, location as far as I’m concerned.

At one end of our street is the bus route. At the other end, we have a bunch of shops – everything you need is just a short walk away. I can stand outside on the front verge and watch the 8yo and 7yo walk down to school, and enter the school gate (with no need to cross the road). The church we attend is right next door to the school. I can get in my car and drive to my local Westfield in about five minutes. I can walk there in around fifteen. We have restaurants, cafés and hair salons close by.

Hubby and I actually decided, just over a year ago, that we really needed to move. To be honest: we do need more space. Our boys aren’t getting any smaller, and a rumpus room would be awesome.

House hunting was torturous though. It was hard to find the right thing, and when we did, we either couldn’t afford it, or we missed out on buying it. The boys were beside themselves having to spend hours getting in and out of cars every week. It was such a nightmare in the end.

So we gave up.

Now, I’m kind of grateful we did. Everything is here, and if we add a little storage in the attic (which we’re looking in to now), and maybe add a small pool (maybe), then we might be ok here for a few more years yet. With the 4yo starting school next year, how handy will it be to drive home from dropping off the 8yo (he’ll move schools) and then just walk him and the 7yo down the road?


Yes. This week I’m grateful for where my house is. At the end of the day, it really does make my life a whole lot easier. Besides - there's no place like home. ;) 

What are you grateful for this week?




Top image: We Heart It

No comments: