A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, February 11, 2011

This Week I'm Grateful For...Patience, Good Advice & Signs From The Universe

It's time to reflect on the past week with Maxabella, and tell you what I'm grateful for. 

Although you probably didn't realise it at the time, this time last week I was contemplating finishing up my blog. Or at the very least, taking a break from it.

I know! Cra-zy right?

I'm not going to go in to details, because the details really don't matter anymore, but just know that a certain situation behind the scenes in the blogging world upset me. Then angered me. And during my anger, I almost blogged all about it (although I wouldn't have disclosed anyone's personal details). I came *this close* to seriously considering publishing that post.

However, I sought some advice from some friends - who supported me and suggested that perhaps I should just sit on the post for a couple of days. And I did. In fact, I sat on it for three.

I'm so grateful for their advice, as I realised it was best to take the high road, leave it behind me and distance myself from the situation. And I feel all the better for doing so.

Then, all this week, I've had little signs from the universe/God/a mixture of both which I believe have assured me of my recent choices: A few tweets of the inspirational kind I could relate to. A couple of books I found in a gift store on Tuesday saying the exact stuff I needed to hear at the time (I'll tell you a bit more about those books some other time). I also stumbled across some great posts this past week that resonated with me due to the situation, helping to give more clarity to it. Grateful for that.

On top of all that, the events of the past week forced me to think about what I wanted to achieve as a blogger, and what I wanted to achieve from this blog. I thought back to the reason I first started blogging: to just write. And write, is what I'll continue to do.

What are you grateful for this week? 



No comments: