A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, March 04, 2011

This Week I'm Grateful For...'Avin a Laff

Laughter. 

There's nothing quite like it to lift the mood (especially after you write a rather heavy post), make you feel fantastic, and give you a great excuse for those laughter lines. ;)

I've had some good laughs this week. Many were provided by the 4yr old. He really is developing a wicked sense of humour. I have to say...during the mundane - like food shopping, for example - there's nothing quite better than being in the company of someone (especially a little person who happens to be your own flesh and blood) who has the ability to lift your mood.

My friend, Jen, too. The other night at the P&F Meeting at school - whilst fiddling with her iPhone - she suddenly (accidentally, of course) set off a song playing...LOUDLY. I (rather inappropriately perhaps) burst out laughing and announced, "And now for a musical interlude!" Funny. This afternoon, we sat outside after school and drank tea, and laughed again.

The above picture is the birthday card my 8yo received today (he turns the BIG 9 tomorrow - Happy Birthday my Big BIG Boy!) from his aunt and uncle. Isn't it hilarious? It gave me a good chuckle too.

Yep - this week I'm grateful for laughter. Not so much for the laughter lines, of course, but hey - they just prove I laugh. A lot.

If you need a laugh, this little gal will get you giggling...she made me laugh this week too.



What are you grateful for this week? What makes you laugh?

Thanks Maxabella for hosting such a great weekly post.

Check out Maxabella's blog for links to more grateful posts.

10 comments:

Maxabella said...

Any excuse to deepen those laughter lines! I plan to sink into mine. x

Lauren said...

how lovely...and how classic is that baby ripping the paper...I hadn't seen this one before but one like it! It makes me laugh it's great! x

Posie Patchwork said...

Love a good laugh & ice breaker at a P&C meeting. As you can imagine, our P&C in Canberra is full of public service red tape lovers & i just don't understand why things can be more simple. Sometimes phones ringing with interesting tunes are a bit of a highlight. Love Posie

Kymmie said...

Oh, that video is so funny! What an adorable and contagious giggle that baby has! Thanks for sharing.

I love smiling, laughing and giggling. And it's all going to make us live longer.

Keep smiling! xx

Nic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gill@AliceBecomes said...

nothing like avin a laff!

anywhere, anytime,

it is good for the soul isn't it?!

gill x

EmmaK said...

What makes me laugh? The UK tv show Peep Show has me in stitches. Also my daughter who does a wicked impression of me in the mornings (well a terrifying impression really) before i've had my coffee!

Naomi said...

I love a good laugh too.
Here's to a great birthday for Mr soon to be 9 xxx

lutvie said...

Post again, I gave you an award! Keep it up!

visit my blog also :)

http://gunajayainfo.blogspot.com/

New Outlook Fitness said...

Life makes me laugh! Everything in it. The good, bad and ugly. I try to laugh everyday