A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, March 25, 2011

This Week I'm Grateful For...Blogging

I know I've been banging on with posts mostly related to blogging this week, but it just can't be helped. 

I can't tell you how many wonderful things I have experienced since I started blogging in late 2009, and just how much it has given me.

I've formed online friendships that have developed in to so much more.

I've developed a confidence within myself that I never knew I had.

I've discovered I have a voice.

I've found I have the ability to push myself to reach higher.

I've been given opportunities to experience things that I never would have dreamt I would experience in my lifetime.

I've come to realise that just by turning on my computer, I can be embraced by a community of like-minded people, as well as readers who come from so many places, who all have the ability to make me feel less lonely, and who understand my interest and fascination with this online world. No matter where I am or where I go, they are with me.


I've found my 'thing'.


And so I am grateful for blogging this week. It's now a huge part of me that I love. Love.

And ok, I'll shut up about it for a little while now. ;)

Thanks Maxabella for hosting such a positive weekly post, and a big thank you to her gorgeous sister, Multiple Mum, for hosting it this week.





~ Image credit ~

17 comments:

ClaireyH said...

Agreeing with all the above,

I like the line, I think I have found my thing.

MultipleMum said...

You are not alone in that sentiment :)

I think we all feel a bit grateful for having found blogging.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for the linky love xx

Carly Findlay said...

You said it perfectly :)
I too am grateful for blogging.

Naomi said...

Nodding in agreement here to all of it.
I too love the line, I think I have found my thing.

Have a great weekend my lovely xxx

Denyse said...

Yes, even as a newbie, I'm grateful for blogging. Sitting down to the laptop & thinking, reflecting then writing is an uplifting experience. Finding a "different" voice in writing but one which is mine has been huge.
When I blog I am no longer doing it just "for me" but I think about the potential readers & write as if I am having a coffee & a chat.
Most excitingly, when there's a bloggy meet up, we can step away from the 'puter & talk IRL .. Awesome grateful

tea with lucy said...

couldn't have put it better. it has transformed my world in all of these ways too.

Alice Becomes said...

yes you are so right

and with such lovely linkies like this one, what's not to love??

i love that you have found your thing...hold on to it tightly!

Gill xo

MaidInAustralia said...

The other day, the dude writing our family law report asked me what else I was passionate about in life (other than my kids). I rabbited on about writing, reading and suddenly realised - and blurted out - blogging! He had no idea what I was on about, he freely admitted, and I tried to explain it. I really hope he viewed it as a good thing not a bad thing.
But it is what it is. I am passionate about. I put stuff out there. People comment, question, and nearly always say nice things.
I've made online friendships, and real life ones. I went to a conference and met many of you all.
It's real and I love it, and I thank you all for sharing it with me.
And Mummy Mayhem, I am a huge fan. You were one of the first I followed, and one of the best! Mwah!

Kelly said...

I love this beautiful world of blogging, can't believe it took me so long to join in!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I love blogging too.
It was lovely to have a chat and met you Jodie.
I have found kinship and community through blogging.
I feel less lonely too.
To meet so many awesome women and walk for a while with them (virtually) and learn from them is a wonderful opportunity.

Cate said...

I love blogging too - and I've the best thing for me is that I've discovered I can say the things I want to say to people - you know like: your live blog reading was amazing. I really enjoyed your take on blogging as a true skill (just possibly an under appreciated one). Oh, and you're also an awesome dancer!!
No way would I have said any of that if I hadn't started blogging...would have thought it, but never said it :-)
have a great weekend
xxxCate

River said...

I enjoy the acceptance and friendship I've found in the blogging world and I'm grateful that I'm able to communicate with so many out there when before I discovered this I would just be sitting reading or watching TV, essentially alone once I got home from work.

Carly {Creator of We Heart Life} said...

Yay for blogging!

Lately, I haven't enjoyed it as much. But I think that relates to something completely different, from the blogging community itself.

I loved twitter more this week. I was a little overwhelmed by all the support <3 Yay for online-friends :)

AMY said...

I Love blogging too! I feel like I've found my "thing"....I so Agree!
I'm a new follower.
Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

Susan @ Reading Upside Down said...

I agree with all of the above.

I have very few people in my everyday life who understand blogging and it is often hard to explain to them why I enjoy it so much.

I love the sense of community that comes with blogging. I love that an increasing number of my Facebook friends are fellow bloggers and I am so greatful for the amazing people that I have met online and IRL thanks to blogging (yourself included!).

xx

aumummy said...

Well said.

Maxabella said...

Cheers to your lovely 'thing', dear Jodie. x