A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Monday, April 11, 2011

All Things Sparkly

The 4yr old and I had a nice little outing together on Sunday.


The 4yr old was beside himself with excitement as we headed to the (incredibly yummy) Sparkle Cupcakery in Surry Hills to meet William and Sparkles from Channel 9’s, Magical Tales.

Beside himself, I tell you.


I was rather anxious we'd get there at all, as I had no idea there was a triathlon in progress, and the traffic was rather...slow. Surprising, being Sydney and all. *cough*


But we made it in plenty of time. 

When we got there, the 4yr old sat down in front of a smorgasbord of all things sugary and yummy and suddenly...he was in super shy mode. Yes. My 4yr old!


The 4yr prepares to devour a yummy cupcake. 

He busied himself licking all the icing off his chosen cupcake and I enjoyed the singing and dancing on his behalf as William and Sparkles cut up the dance floor (or rather, the shop floor of the cupcakery).

William isn't scolding me with his wooden spoon.
He's trying to work out how to unfreeze Sparkles. True.

William and Sparkles did everything in their power to get even a ‘boo’ out of the 4yr old (they were SO good with the kids – I’d have, quite frankly, been tempted to use my wand or wooden spoon to slap a few hands away if I’d been in their sparkly shoes) but…nothing. He did become a little chattier during the ‘make your own cupcake’ session, but that was as good as it was gonna get, I’m afraid.

Therefore, I have no photographic evidence that he even met them both. Kicking myself now - I should have jumped in and had a little pic with them myself. I'm definitely not the shy type. ;)

However, he did manage a quick, “Thanks,” to Sparkles as we exited the cupcake store, a bag of goodies – including three new Magical Tales DVDs – in his hot little hands, and his tummy full with delicious cupcakes.

And my goodness - he's watched way too many episodes of the show now, and has become rather obsessed. As we were walking down to the shop today, he said, "Mum, we have to be home by 3.30 because Magical Tales will be on. It's on Channel 9, Mum." I swear. I didn't make that up. He really did say that! Maybe there was something in those cupcakes. Hmmm...

Check out this message from William & Sparkles - just for my Mummy Mayhem readers...

video

How cool is that?! 

The DVDs will be available from the 13 April. Woot!




4 comments:

cat said...

Amazing time for him.

Being Me said...

That IS cool! Go you!!

I had no idea of this show's existence. Sigh. Ok, well thanks, I guess I'd better introduce it to one very super-keen lover of all things fairies and sparkles....

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

Thanks Cat - yes he LOVED it - but you wouldn't have know it at the time!

Being Me - Proceed with caution. 4yo totally addicted now. TOTALLY.

Thea said...

I've never heard of this show. How can that be?? :)

What a wonderful morning for the two of you.