A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, April 15, 2011

This Week I'm Grateful For...No Routine

It's school holidays. That means: no routine.

No soccer training. No swimming lessons. No getting kids to school by 8.50am. No library bags to remember. No homework to supervise. No ironing of school shirts. No lunches to prepare and pack. No searching for missing lunch boxes, school jumpers or hats. No sports class for the 4yr old. (Actually, I miss that one. I get to sit in a cafe for an hour writing - iPod on - whilst the 4yo does his thing.) 

We're currently getting up when we're ready. We're enjoying a lazy breakfast every day. We're spending time together. Sweet, precious time with lots of hugs and reading books and just being a family. 

Lovin' it. 

Thanks to Maxabella for hosting her weekly grateful post. 

What are you grateful for this week?

 

17 comments:

Jane said...

Yay for school holidays! Glad to hear you and your boys are enjoying plenty of fun time together xxx

Brenda said...

Yep. No routine = bliss

River said...

one day, in the not-so-distant future, you'll be doing the getting up when you're ready, lazy breakfast thing....then you'll realise you should have all been at school half-an-hour ago.......
Ha Ha.

Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

I hear you! I only have one boy at Kindy and I hear you!! I am sure I will relate even more next year!!! School run with 2 little boys in tow as well!

Kellie said...

With a three year old and a six month old, I haven't quite reached this stage. Although, child care mornings are pretty frantic. Can imagine the holidays are sheer bliss for you!

Jenn Brigole said...

Aww.. That's too sweet! I love spending mornings with my niece. She tends to be obedient when I make her pancakes. :)

Miss Mandy said...

Oh I hear you, hooray for holidays.

Penny said...

That sounds amazing. Having no routine is what I'm looking forward to most when we get back home from Europe, jobless.

The Rumpus Room said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!! With kids not yet at school and with preschool still on, I still have routines which also inc swimming lessons. I don't mind though, it keeps me going! :)

Hope you have a nice non routine break!

sarsm said...

I too love the holidays and no routine. Ours start here on Wednesday. Woo hoo. Am so looking forward to them.

I love not having to get up so early and the day just being our own. Bliss!

Megan Blandford said...

Love it. I'm looking forward to no swimming lessons for a couple of weeks.

Cate said...

Yep, I love school hols too! I can never understand those mums who hate the holidays because it means their kids are around??? Isn't that the point!??!
have a great weekend
xxxCate

Shelley said...

The one thing I'm looking forward to when Miss A starts school is the holiday breaks! Right now, we head off to work together every day, with no rest in sight. So glad Easter is around the corner (and I'll bet you'll be sick of the holidays by then yourself!) xx

Jodi Gibson said...

I hear you! It is nice to just let the day pan out. No-one to see, nowhere to be.

Lauren said...

sounds fantastic! I hope you enjoy the rest of the holidays!

Maxabella said...

When I'm on the school holidays with the Tsunamis, I feel exactly the same way. When I'm not, it's the move away from our routine that just about sends me batty. It's SO HARD. x

Jayson James said...

It is always to get the opportunity of waking up late without worrying about how to go about your day with your children. Like everyone, every mother in the world deserves a break.

Have fun!