A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Morning Tea with a purpose...and it's not too late to donate!

As promised, here's my wrap up for my Australia's Biggest Morning Tea held this morning! 

It's always been important to me to make a contribution to cancer research. Not unlike many other families, the big C has hit my family in the past. My dear, Aunty Maun (pictured), died of bowel cancer when I was pregnant with the 9yr old. Just before I became pregnant, I had flown to Perth and visited my aunt then. The disease had taken over quite considerably by that stage. I'll never forget Aunty Maun's tears when I left at the end of that visit, promising I would see her again soon. She and I both knew that was unlikely to happen - even though I hoped and prayed a miracle would somehow occur.

Since my aunt's death, I've found a need to play a role in helping to support cancer research - albeit a small one. I started with donations here and there, but I've always wanted to do more. Today's morning tea was a good start.

Today was for you, Aunty Maun - as well as all those who have lost their lives to cancer. xxx

I tell you, I couldn't have been more fortunate to not only have fantastic, sunny weather for my morning tea, but to also be surrounded by a bunch of gorgeous gals.

Last night I spent a bit of time in the kitchen preparing for my guests' arrival.

My Chocolate & Coconut Slice (recipe)

Mum's Lemon Butter Tarts before their lids went on (recipe)

Then this morning, a special delivery arrived...

Ghermez Cupcakes....sigh...

As I'm not exactly a natural when it comes to baking, I approached Ghermez Cupcakes about the possibility of donating some cupcakes for my morning tea, with the promise that I would donate $1 for each cupcake donated to add to my original donation already made. They were delighted to help out, and sent over two dozen of the most gorgeous looking and - more importantly - DELICIOUS mini cupcakes! Thank you so much, Ghermez. A donation has been made. xxx


The gals & I took great delight in choosing our flavours from the 'menu' provided!

Because it was such beautiful weather this morning, I set up outside. (Before he set off for school this morning, the 9yr old asked where I was going to have my morning tea. When I told him I'd set up outside, he said, "Well, make sure you sweep up all those leaves out there, Mum." Thanks for that, buddy.)

Tasty treats for my guests. 

As I tweeted earlier, this was the nerve centre of the morning tea...



Thank goodness for my wonderful coffee machine (actually, it's Hubby's. I bought it for his birthday a couple of years ago). I easily churned out flat whites, lattes and cappuccinos galore!

Cappuccinos are my coffee drink of choice.

Some of the ladies enjoying a cuppa and a chat.

At last count (2.45pm Tuesday), donations had reached $360. I know some of my girlfriends are planning to make a donation later today, so hopefully I'll get closer to my goal of $500!

Thank you to those who have already donated to such a worthwhile cause. My donations are in honour of my beloved Aunty Maun.

If you would like to make a donation in honour of someone, I'd love that. As would the Cancer Council of NSW. ;)

You can donate HERE. Every little bit counts.

7 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

What a gorgeous morning tea.

Thank you for helping the Cancer council.
Yay for that amazing total to date.

Denwise aka Denyse Whelan said...

That's so lovely - your tribute to your late Aunty & your beautiful morning tea & fundraising in her honor. And if I'd known about the coffee machine, I'd have asked for a strong flat white (virtual of course) and the leaves ..gone..only to be replaced by more I'm sure. Those cupcakes were a win! Your home made goodies looked great too. Glad I could contribute. D x

Jodie Ansted said...

And I am VERY grateful for your generosity, Denyse. xxx

River said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful morning. I love the prettiness of those cupcakes!
My parents both died from cancer and I donate when I can, sadly that's not every year.
Have a cappuccino for me please.

Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

That's gorgeous and so thoughtful. I am sure your Aunt would be very proud of you and your super efforts.

Thea said...

What a wonderful thing you did. That table looked gorgeous!

Megan Blandford said...

Looks like it was a great morning!