A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Gallery: Dads

The very lovely Tara Cain over at Sticky Fingers holds a weekly photo gallery meme, with each week being a new theme. 

This week, the theme is Dads. I really wanted to join in this week because I have a photo I absolutely love of Hubby and our two big boys, taken when they were 3 and 18 months old.

We were perhaps slightly crazy back in 2005 when we decided to take our boys to Italy on holiday. Crazier still was the fact we flew via London, so that we could use our frequent flyer points. That made the trip even longer!

Still, once we were there, we had an absolute ball. We flew first to Milan, stayed there a few days, then drove to Tuscany where we stayed in a villa just outside Siena (and took a few day trips to Florence, perhaps one of my favourite places in the WORLD).

One afternoon we took a trip to a local monastery. As Hubby and the boys were walking down the pathway, I took the following pic:

 

Hubby and the boys hand in hand. I love it.

The following day we drove to Rome and spent a week there, which was fantastic. We dined at one of the most fabulous restaurants I've ever been to during our stay (and Hubby's mother and aunt were on hand to babysit), and I bought a fake Gucci bag on the streets of Rome that I still love to this day (and receive many compliments on)!

Truly great memories of a wonderful family holiday.

Thanks, Tara!

 Do you have a favourite photo of your husband/partner/dad that you love?



6 comments:

Shelley @ My Shoebox Life said...

What a gorgeous photo, love the fact they are all moving along together. I have a favourite photo of my Dad and I taken when I got married years ago. Obviously I don't display it as the marriage ended, but I also have another favourite taken at my 5th birthday party with him. Sometimes photos just seem to capture everything in a moment forever, especially in parent/child relationships. All the photos I have of Miss A with her Dad are my favourites. :)

Tara said...

Honestly, this sort of photo gives me goosebumps. Don't know why. Love the height difference, little hands in big hands. Just lovely x

samanthacurrie.com said...

Just beautiful! made me feel like we were intruding on a family moment *shiver* :)

and who knew you had a gorgeous ginge :)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Gorgeous picture Jodie. A special memory and story.
I have one similar too .

The mum of all trades said...

lovely photo and a lovely memory.

Thea said...

Oh!! That is a gorgeous photo!
And I loved Florence, too.