A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Having a Duck Day

I'm having one of those weeks.

You know the ones I'm referring to, right? Where everything just doesn't go to plan? You feel like you can't get motivated, or when you do, you can't accomplish what you wanted to? Problems galore seem to take up your time - mostly everybody elses - and you find yourself stressing over every. little. thing?

Yep. That's the kinda week I'm having.

I was talking to someone yesterday about my week. She empathized with me. She has been experiencing much of the same this week too.

She told me a story about how someone had called her at work. She told them about her terrible day. The person said, "Oh, you're having a duck day."

"A duck day?" she replied. "What is that?"

"You know," the caller replied, "when people waddle in and shit all over your floor."

So, I'm having a duck day. A duck week, actually.

That's life I suppose.

How about you? Had any duck days yourself recently?










~image credit~

13 comments:

Being Me said...

Oh, seriously, yes. Duck week. Although, duck day sounds cuter! I think these things happen in groups. Big, collective consciousness groups.

bigwords is... said...

Crapola. Duck days are a pain in the bum! I know those too well... when you get to the end of the day and you've been busy the whole time, but have got nothing done for yourself. They suck. Hope you get a better day tomorrow!!

Jacki said...

I've had plenty of duck days (and weeks!) cute name though, makes it seem not-so-gloomy!

Muddled Up Mumma said...

I love that Jodie. I am having a Duck month! Hope things pick up for you over the weekend!

Jodi @ The Scribble Den said...

Oh I can so relate!

Naomi said...

Yep, duck days R us at my place!

Hope your duck leaves soon... or you know, turns into a really yummy roast.

Sending you love xxxx

Jean said...

I love this phrase so much and I may get a t shirt with a big duck printed on it...esp as my lovely husband is always (gently) telling me that I take on everyone else's problems. Maybe I should start telling people to "duck off!" ??? XXX

River said...

Oh yes! I have days like that. Quite a few lately...sigh.

Mama of 2 boys said...

That is so cute Jodie! Ducks are buggers how they do that. We like to feed them at Centennial Park, but they just do SO MUCH poo, you have to wear a rain coat and wellies to stay clean ;o)
Sorry to hear you're having one of 'those' weeks. I had one of 'those' days. Just a whole sequence of really bizarre happenings. Off putting to say the least.
Hope things pick up for your weekend :o) xo
P.S. Ooo I saw your mention in Madison Magazine today... very cool!

3pmPimms said...

OMG I think I'm having a duck life.....can never get started...although today so far...the duck has buggered off.... now off the computer before the duck comes back...esp in the form of 3 children under 10...can only say that for a few more days as the big one turns 10 soon....I have had a duck life for nearly 10 years...better stop blaming for mentioned child for that he will get a complex maybe that is what is causing the trouble with Master 10..??????? Look outside perfect day for a Pimms just wish there was time...

Jodie Ansted said...

Well, even though I'm very sorry for all of your duck days ladies, I'm kinda glad I'm not alone. ;) xxx

3pmPimms...You obviously need to get out with me more. ;) xxx

MaidInAustralia said...

So that's what to call those days! I have them quite a lot ...

Donna said...

LOVE this saying and the best thing is its rather more polite than the term I'd been using (you can guess for yourself, it happens to rhyme with duck...).