A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Soldier On...

I'm afraid I'm a little unwell at the moment. 

I'm not bedridden or anything, but I am feeling tired and rather drained with a lovely old head cold. I'd really like to be able to breathe from my nostrils again, you know?

It's so the norm, isn't it, that when your kids or your husband get sick, they get a little extra attention. More hugs. Sympathy. Some chicken soup lovingly prepared by you, perhaps. A sleep-in whilst you organise breakfast. A nice, hot cup of tea made for them.

A mother, however, soldiers on. We still cook, clean, ferry our children to school, help with homework, take them to soccer practice and swimming lessons. We don't actually have time to be sick, quite frankly.

Well, one thing I can do is take some time off from my blog, because it's not like the world is going to end if I'm not here for a few days. Right? ;)

No doubt, by next week - maybe even Sunday - I'll be feeling MUCH better, and my desire to blog will return. Right now, I just feel like snuggling up on my bed, with a nice up of tea (I've made myself) and read a little. A little rest time.

Until then, take care of yourself. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, okay? ;)





~image~

10 comments:

Naomi said...

Well, I've just dragged myself out of bed to get some more orange juice, it appears to be the week to be unwell.

Hope you are feeling better soon and get some TLC of your own xxx

Jane said...

Hope you feel better soon! xxx

Miss Cinders said...

Hope you feel better soon :)

MomAgain@40 said...

The world is stopping while you take your hiatus! ;-)
Hope for a speedy recovery!

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

Rest up and feel better soon :)

Maxabella said...

A little rest does wonders. Hope you're on the up soon. x

Jodi @ The Scribble Den said...

Take care and rest up. I was out for the count a few weeks ago too. A break will do you wonders. x

Christie said...

Get well hun! Hopefully it's a short lived bug.

So Now What? said...

Hope you are feeling better and yeah, we kind of just do get on with it hey. xx

Thea said...

Hope you're feeling better!!
*Ditto* here I'm afraid. *sigh*