A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Friday, September 02, 2011

The Week That Was... Lisa Heidke, Why The Universe is Against Me, Mondayitis, a Fab Car & White Balloon Day

Time to reflect on the past week...

I just don't understand how it's possible that I'm spending less time blogging, Tweeting and Facebooking, yet I STILL can't get everything done. Why is that? Has the time thief taken up residence at my house or something?

So firstly, let me apologise to fellow bloggers that I haven't been getting around to blogs as much lately. There's only so many hours in the day, and...well...just like all those missing pairs of socks that somehow disappear to God-knows-wear after every wash, so too, it seems, does time...

*     *     *     *     *

I finished my very first Lisa Heidke book last week. Oh, I know! Where the hell have I been?

In my defense, I read very few fiction books. That is, up until recently. I seem to be rediscovering a love for them, and Lisa's book What Kate Did Next is no exception. I love how Lisa writes with humour and she makes the characters someone you can relate to. Loved it!

In the story line, I imagined Kate's son's gorgeous French soccer coach in the book to look like Gilles Marini (right) who played Sarah Walker's boyfriend, Luc in Brothers & Sisters (still very upset that show is SO over). He also played Samantha's hot next door neighbour in the first Sex & The City movie. If you haven't seen that yet, ladies, I would suggest a little trip to the DVD store tonight. Go on. Treat yourself. ;)

Next up, I'll be reading Lisa's latest book, Claudia's Big Break. Can't wait!

*     *     *     *     *

Um, yeah. SO not me.
Speaking of soccer (kind of), last Saturday marked the end of Soccer Season for the big boys. Phew! I have to say I make a very poor soccer mum. Let's just say that standing on the sidelines of kids' soccer matches is not my preferred way to spend a Saturday.

When the 9yr old's team didn't make it in to the finals on their Gala Day last Saturday - hence, they didn't need to travel to a second location to play another soccer match or two - I was nothing short of ECSTATIC.

I know. I'm a terrible mother.

However, the 7yr old's team made it through which I figured was The Universe's way of getting back at me. But then Hubby took him to his final match (they were runner's up in the end), whilst I got to stay home and deal with the 9yr old and 4yr old acting up like CRAZY and DRIVING ME INSANE!

Oh wait....damn you, Universe.

*     *     *     *     *

Last week, the 9yr old woke up on Monday morning feeling unwell. To be honest, his cheeks were flushed red the day before, and this is usually a sign that he's getting sick. So he had the day off.

The following day (my one and only 'day off' during the week), he still wasn't feeling 100% (so he said) and took a further day off. However, once 9.30am-ish rolled by, and the 7yr old was safely at school and the 4yr old was no doubt bashing away at the keyboard during his music lesson at daycare, the 9yr old became very sprightly. Hmmm. He stayed home, but truly didn't really need to.

Fast forward a week later to the Monday just passed, and once again he awoke talking listlessly and complaining he 'didn't feel well' and I suddenly realised what was wrong.

He had an acute attack of Mondayitis.

image

Hubby and I attempted to explain the mystery of Mondayitis to him, which seemed to mostly confuse him, but in the end, he was sent off to school where - miraculously - he recovered.

I wonder if another attack will come this Monday?

*     *     *     *     *

No Mondayitis for me, though. I love the start of the school week - back to routine and all that. And this Monday a little pressie was delivered from Ford. The NEW Ford Focus!



Okay, so it's only mine for the week. I don't think they're going to let me keep it or anything...although wouldn't it be a shame if, say, when they came to collect it, it suddenly 'went missing'. Tsk, tsk.

I'll tell you more about it soon, but can I just say...LORDY this car does some A-MA-ZING things. Put it this way. When I took my buddy, Jen, for a test drive in it on Tuesday, and demonstrated the car for her, she couldn't stop saying, "Get the f*%k outta here!"

Yup. That good. Stay tuned, people.

*     *     *     *     *

Next Wednesday 7 September is the 15th annual White Balloon Day - a national awareness and fundraising campaign staged through Child Protection Week (Sep 4-11). As per the website: 'Since 1997 when White Balloon Day resulted in an unprecedented 514 per cent increase in disclosures of sexual assault to Queensland Police, the humble white balloon has become synonymous with child protection, and this special day has evolved into Braveheart's signature national event.'

To make a donation, send a virtual white balloon to someone or to read more visit the website.

*     *     *     *     *

Now for your viewing pleasure: check out the 4yr old at the music shop this week. He TOTALLY wants a drum set. The video is only 10 seconds long, cos that's seriously as much drumming as this mother can take.



*     *     *     *     *

On the blog this week, I wrote why I didn't post here on the blog last Sunday; I talked about the latest tv show I'm hooked on; I updated Kate and Cassie's story with 'The Fight'; and I posted a list of products you should look out for!

Happy Friday, ya'll.

What did you get up to this week?





~top image~


5 comments:

Ms Styling You said...

I'm SO not a soccer mum too but I reckon if the coach looked like Giles Marini I'd make more of an effort. Perhaps not to the extent of VB's but ... you know, I'd brush my hair or something.

Mrs Woog said...

The Ford Focus is the SHIZZ

Thea said...

Hehe...I'm sure you totally look like that at soccer!
And loving the 4yo on the drums.

Mama of 2 boys said...

Aww I remember getting attacks of Mondayitis, my poor Mama, I feel sorry now that I made it so difficult for her. I know how upset it will make me feel if my boys don't want to go to school... it's hard enough now with just 2 days of day care :o/
Ooo the Ford looks niiice! I have a Ford Fiesta and love it, so will be interested to read your review of the larger model.
Your little Mr4 is adorable! But oh my, I do hope my boys don't get the urge to take up drums... I'm sure they will now I've said that! ;o)
Happy Weekend to you Jodie xo

Jodi @ The Scribble Den said...

Really glad that I have daughters with no inclination to play the drums. Although Miss 3 (aka The Tom Boy) may take this path. She loves everything LOUD. (sorry, didn't mean to shout)