A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Write on Wednesdays - Living Life on The Edge

For Write on Wednesdays with InkPaperPen this week, I needed a break from Kate and Cassie, and this week's exercise provided the perfect opportunity to do that.

This week's exercise is to write The Great One Liner... The idea was to use one line in a fiction or non fiction piece that describes part of your day and make it count.

You know, I think this has been the most difficult exercise for WoW that I've contributed to - and I only had to write one sentence! I can't write poetically like others do, I'm afraid.

Anyway, the following actually happened today; I spoke these exact words in Target as the cashier empathised with the 4yr old's desperate need to visit the nearest bathroom...

As she swiped her credit card through the machine - her four-year-old jumping back and forth beside her, desperate for the toilet - she looked at the cashier and explained, "These days, this is living life on the edge."

To read other entries, or to join in, head over to InkPaperPen!





~image~

18 comments:

Anne said...

I love it Jodie! Ain't that the truth? And don't anybody dare cross you during that moment or else! That's how I feel most days (well, when the kids are around and I'm in a hurry. LOL)

Anne xx

Sarah Mac said...

I like the simple real life one's better Jodie.

I kept thinking I needed to be poetic and clever and came up with some real tripe :)

This took me back a few years, I remember those moments so well! x

Madmother said...

Perfect - one we all immediately have a visual image spring to mind from!

Miss Pink said...

Oh isn't it?!

But seriously, missing your story this week.

River said...

Well *snap*!
Just last week I had a four-year-old desperately dancing from one foot to the other saying Mummy! I need to go NOW!

Car said...

Pure gold! I too have a 4 year old and many a time we need to dump the trolley and run... I don't even grab the green bags anymore, just pray that no one is low enough to steal my stash ;)

I have to say - one of the better lines I've read today, it made me actually giggle out loud! Well done :)

Andy said...

I believe kids were the only demanding people in this world that you can never decline easily..esp of course in this case..hehe..

I always love your writing style Jodie..

Smiles,



Andy

InkPaperPen said...

This is motherhood in a sentence, Jodi! I think this was well done and it brought a smile to my face. It was funny as well as a comment on the changes in life parenting brings. Maybe you can somehow work this into your story?? Not sure how! Seems a shame that we pulled you away from Cassie/Kate/Nick but you did a great job. I found it one of the most difficult so far too. But I probably learnt the most from it...

House of Prowse said...

So true, happened to me twice this week.
Peak hour at Woolworths - he had to hang on then wee in the garden outside - eww sorry!
And standing in the heeat in line for an icecream only to have to go to the toilet and lose my spot.

aaaaggghhhhhhh!!!

Kerry said...

Hahaha, I love this! I don't have kids, but somehow can still identify with this line. Nice job of bringing an ordinary activity to life!

nicolewian said...

Laugh out loud funny!

Jaimee Hunter said...

I laughed out loud and water almost shot through my nose. I love this and isn't it so very true!

V. Furnas said...

This made me smile on a tough day. Thank you.

Lisa said...

I think we've all been there. In fact, I was there tonight when my boys accidentally locked me out of the house. Only it was me who so desperately needed the bathroom!

Stephanie said...

I loved reading your one liner!! Brings back memories of when my niece was a toddler. Everytime we went somewhere, she had to go potty. LOL!
Wonderful job!! And you do write poetically!! There are different forms and you do just wonderful! :)

Laura Maria said...

Love the simplicity of this line. It didn't need any frills to make it interesting!

Jayne said...

Oh yes! Just hold on :))

Great sense of humour evident in just one sentence. Love it.

Naomi said...

Oh Jodie, I love it! You nailed it xxx