A NEW BLOG!

Thanks for stopping by. Mummy Mayhem is no longer updated. I now have a new, albeit smaller blog over at www.jodieansted.blogspot.com.au.

Drop by anytime. :)

Jodie
xox

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New York - Day 1

 I haz arrived in New York, baby.

After a ridiculous delay on the ground at Sydney Airport (I sat on the plane for almost 2 hours waiting for it to pull away from the Gate), the plane finally made its way to LA.

When we arrived in LA, I smiled at the sight of the palm trees surrounding the airport. It felt very much like Perth. Dry and flat. I wasn't there long. After the delay with my first flight, I had to make a mad dash to reach my connecting to New York.

I'd already watched a few movies on my first flight, but I watched one more before eating some lunch and trying to catch a few zzzzs. I don't usually sleep on planes, but I managed to doze off and on a total of around 3hours between both flights.

There was a moment on the flight to LA that I really started pining for my boys. I couldn't hug them! (Hello, boys! Dad and I miss you all very, very much. Hope you liked your leaving gifts - I heard they were quite the hit!)

The hotel is amazing. So beautiful and very spacious. The pic above was taken by the concierge's desk. Fancy schmancy. We're livin' it up, people!

Anyway, after some room service (delicious), we're going to sit back and relax for a bit and hopefully catch a good amount to sleep so we can hit the city tomorrow (fingers crossed we don't wake up at 5am or something). I can't wait to get out there!

My Boys: I love you and miss you a lot already, but I know this week will go very, very quickly for all of us. Be good.


10 comments:

Kellie said...

Have the greatest time!

bigwords is... said...

Have a super fantastic time x

Mum on the Run said...

Wooo hoo!!
But does this mean I shouldn't bother leaving Perth?!
Have a blaaaast!
:-)

Thea said...

Wow, fancy schmancy indeed!!
Glad to hear you arrived safely, after such a long delay!
Live it up, lady. x

Lisa Lintern said...

Woo hoo! "Start spreading the neeeews...da, da, da-da, da, da, da-da da..." Have a well-deserved ball. You are so good to blog on your first day too! xo

Christie said...

You've blogged already? Awesome.
Can't wait to see what tomorrow/today er you know, brings!
Have fun!!

Miss Pink said...

Oh Jodie, have an absolute BALL. Enjoy every second so that when you get back you don't regret your holiday.

River said...

You're making some wonderful memories. You'll be telling flight and New York stories for years. Isn't it lovely to have a blog where you can record it all! Looking forward to more pictures.

Melissa said...

The town so nice they named it twice... Sounds amazing! Enjoy : )

MummyK said...

YOu didn't take me with you! ;) Enjoy!!